Resting/Slain in the Spirit
Where I am from, the Charismatic movement in the Church is far and away the most dangerous enemy to Catholicism.  It's like a plague and must be stopped somehow.  I really loathe it in every way.  There is no understanding of Transcendence. 
(11-23-2009, 10:17 PM)BrevisVir55 Wrote:
(11-23-2009, 07:58 PM)lostcat496 Wrote: I have the sense I'm about to look really stupid. It's an inverted cross. Every time I have ever seen an upside down cross it meant devil worship. Am I just confused?

The Satanists have perverted this very Catholic symbol the same way the Nazis perverted the swastika.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross_of_St._Peter

Yeah haha whenever the Pope or a Bishop speaks in front of a Cross of St. Peter all the fundies get up in arms - "See?!  They really ARE satanists!"

As if, if we were secret satanists trying to lead people away from Christ, we'd put little satanic symbols here and there just for the hell of it  :laughing:
(11-23-2009, 11:42 PM)Walty Wrote: Where I am from, the Charismatic movement in the Church is far and away the most dangerous enemy to Catholicism.  It's like a plague and must be stopped somehow.  I really loathe it in every way.  There is no understanding of Transcendence. 

Do tell.  I have zero experience with them.

I have some family in Buffalo that's dabbled in it, they saw this guy who claimed to have had a vision of Jesus and that Jesus gave him the power to know what saint people should yoke themselves too, and you'd go up on stage and he's put his hands on you or something and yell out a saint's name.  This family is very devout though, good practicing Catholics, have eight kids and pray the rosary and adore the Blessed Eucharist and I *think* the mother might be a daily communicant, not sure.
(11-23-2009, 11:51 PM)John92 Wrote:
(11-23-2009, 11:42 PM)Walty Wrote: Where I am from, the Charismatic movement in the Church is far and away the most dangerous enemy to Catholicism.  It's like a plague and must be stopped somehow.  I really loathe it in every way.  There is no understanding of Transcendence. 

Do tell.  I have zero experience with them.

I have some family in Buffalo that's dabbled in it, they saw this guy who claimed to have had a vision of Jesus and that Jesus gave him the power to know what saint people should yoke themselves too, and you'd go up on stage and he's put his hands on you or something and yell out a saint's name.  This family is very devout though, good practicing Catholics, have eight kids and pray the rosary and adore the Blessed Eucharist and I *think* the mother might be a daily communicant, not sure.

Yeah.  It's quite ridiculous where I am from.  It's this pervasive attitude to treat God as if he were a buddy instead of the Almighty and King of Kings.  They constantly yell things like "Praise the Lord!"  They get together in groups to see people like Lil Mike, the Catholic rapper.  There are all sorts of Youth Days where drums and full bands play right next to the exposed Eucharist.  Everything is chalked up to Providence and the smallest thing is always a miracle.  Holding hands in the air...  Singing praise and worship music.

I could go on and on and on.  There are a good number of devout and serious Catholics where I am from, but the overwhelming majority of them belong to this group.  Everything is feel good Catholicism.  The theology is orthodox beside for this glaring error in how we address God.  But that is a monumental mistake which not only makes for a superficial faith based on emotions, but also draws God down to our level instead of letting ourselves be lifted up to His.  It is extremely dangerous.  So much so, I feel like starting my own crusade against it.
:-[ Sorry about the confusion, I had never seen it before.
(11-23-2009, 11:43 PM)John92 Wrote:
(11-23-2009, 10:17 PM)BrevisVir55 Wrote:
(11-23-2009, 07:58 PM)lostcat496 Wrote: I have the sense I'm about to look really stupid. It's an inverted cross. Every time I have ever seen an upside down cross it meant devil worship. Am I just confused?

The Satanists have perverted this very Catholic symbol the same way the Nazis perverted the swastika.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross_of_St._Peter

Yeah haha whenever the Pope or a Bishop speaks in front of a Cross of St. Peter all the fundies get up in arms - "See?!  They really ARE satanists!"

As if, if we were secret satanists trying to lead people away from Christ, we'd put little satanic symbols here and there just for the hell of it  :laughing:

Yeah, it's not like any post-conciliar Popes ever prayed in front of overtly anti-Christian symbols before, like in a synagogue or mosque, or said Mass with a buddha on the altar.... :P
btw, who is the "we" in your post?
I think his point might be the "we" don't exist.
˙op spɐɹʇ ɟo ʎʇıɹoɾɐɯ ǝɥʇ sɐǝɹǝɥʍ `ǝʞıl sʞool ssoɹɔ s,ɹǝʇǝd ʇs ʇɐɥʍ ʇnoqɐ ʇsǝıƃƃoɟ ǝɥʇ ʇ,uǝʌɐɥ sɯıʇɔıʌ ɹɐılıɔuoɔ ʇsoɯ ʇɐɥʇ ʇɔɐɟ ǝɥʇ ʎq uʍolq ɟo puıʞ sı ʇuıod sıɥ ˙sdɐɥɹǝd