Liberal Bill Donahue Decries 'Hate Crimes' Against the Catholic Church
They have a lot in common ...educate me... I find that difficult to believe
(11-24-2009, 08:45 PM)Hohepa Wrote: They have a lot in common ...educate me... I find that difficult to believe

Can you point to anything substantial that he's ever done for the benefit of the Church?  I can't, except that one woman he got out of trouble after he got involved about her refusing to whipe the ashes off her forehead.

He's like Dees and Wiesenthal, he runs an advocacy organization that promotes the same double-speak and civil rights language that's problematic in the first place.
good answer. "hate crime" is just cover for more secularization and more control over our lives.

You can usually spot them when they make a huge deal out of something really trivial.
That story about ashes sounds like about par for the cousre.
[Can you point to anything substantial that he's ever done for the benefit of the Church?]

He is out there and when there is an injustice directed at the church  or a mockery against the church his voice will always be heard and will be seen by many.
Hate crime is an unfortunate turn of phrase because it refers to the way we think...well Bill Donahue protects the rights of Catholics to think according to the law of the church. Not a bad contribution to the Church and society in general.
(11-24-2009, 11:33 PM)Hohepa Wrote: [Can you point to anything substantial that he's ever done for the benefit of the Church?]

He is out there and when there is an injustice directed at the church  or a mockery against the church his voice will always be heard and will be seen by many.
Hate crime is an unfortunate turn of phrase because it refers to the way we think...well Bill Donahue protects the rights of Catholics to think according to the law of the church. Not a bad contribution to the Church and society in general.

He creates a caricature, often vulgar, sometimes going beyond the profane, defended with faulty logic and in an almost irreverent fashion.  No, that he's out there is what the problem is.

Moreover, you'd think a retired Airforce General would be a lot cheaper, but for all that substandard and hocky exposure, he draws three hundred grand.
This article is getting the talk show host confused with the leader of the Catholic League...GEEZE,,,
(11-25-2009, 03:14 AM)winoblue1 Wrote: This article is getting the talk show host confused with the leader of the Catholic League...GEEZE,,,

No it's not.  But there are more resemblances than differences inmho.