Poll: Do you prefer the dialogue Mass?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

God and "Allah"
(03-18-2010, 08:38 PM)Walty Wrote:
(03-18-2010, 05:27 AM)Thacrow Wrote: Muslim believe in a one God world.

They might have the wrong book, but when they pray and because God is omniscient, God hears them and is by default the only God they can be praying to.

The only thing they can be wrong about is their understanding of God due to their wrong book and of course their radical religious leaders.  That is not of course to say that all of their religious leaders are radical.

If God is omniscient then doesn't that mean He hears the animists praying to tree gods too?  How about those worshiping Baal?  What about those who worship themselves or the almighty dollar?  Just misplaced, but well-intentioned prayers that God takes anyway?

Oh no.  You're either praying to God, yourself, or a demon.  And the last two options are deadly.

God may be omniscient but He can't or won't take prayers to a being (either in someone's head or really existing) which is antithetical to His own Nature.  And all false gods are distorted and tainted.  They are not Truth.  They are not the Trinity.

And here we see the fruits of ecumenism...  How far we've fallen boys.

How true.

Exodus, Chapter 20 Wrote:1 And the Lord spoke all these words: 2 I am the Lord thy God, who brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. 3 Thou shalt not have strange gods before me. 4 Thou shalt not make to thyself a graven thing, nor the likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or in the earth beneath, nor of those things that are in the waters under the earth. 5 Thou shalt not adore them, nor serve them: I am the Lord thy God, mighty, jealous, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me:

Dueteronomy 8:19 Wrote:But if thou forget the Lord thy God, and follow strange gods, and serve and adore them: behold now I foretell thee that thou shalt utterly perish.
How did this thread make it 23 pages?

I agree with the last couple points. Its pretty simple in my mind.

God = Trinity = Jesus, Father, Holy Spirit.

Muslims explicitly deny and reject the Trinity.

It seems clear that they don't worship the same God.
I think the issue is that they explicit deny the Trinity.  If they just worshiped God the Father, that would be one thing. I think a strong case could be made that they worship the same God, albeit with a very incomplete view. But they take it a step further - they reject 2/3 of God. Thats the big sticking point and puts it into the 'worshipping false god category' Walty and DK mentioned.
(03-18-2010, 09:40 PM)franklinf Wrote: How did this thread make it 23 pages?

I don't know, but 19.3% of the participants disagree with you (and DK, and Walty, and myself). 

I guess to them, it is not so simple. ;)
Those who begin worshiping the True God, no matter what religion they start in, would almost always end up in the Catholic Church unless there is some strange extraneous circumstance.

The Christian conception of God is vastly different than the gods of any other religion, even the monotheistic ones. To follow those religions is to deny the essential aspects of the True God.  And Our Lord said that He was the only way to the Father.  If you know the Father He is going to introduce you to the Son.  If you do not eventually know the Son then how can it be said that you know the Father or the Ghost? Now, as I said, there are obviously those who really do start worshiping the right God as Muslims or whatever, but they quickly learn that the God they are praising is not the god of their false religion.
(03-18-2010, 09:50 PM)Walty Wrote: Those who begin worshiping the True God, no matter what religion they start in, would almost always end up in the Catholic Church unless there is some strange extraneous circumstance.

The Christian conception of God is vastly different than the gods of any other religion, even the monotheistic ones. To follow those religions is to deny the essential aspects of the True God.  And Our Lord said that He was the only way to the Father.  If you know the Father He is going to introduce you to the Son.  If you do not eventually know the Son then how can it be said that you know the Father or the Ghost? Now, as I said, there are obviously those who really do start worshiping the right God as Muslims or whatever, but they quickly learn that the God they are praising is not the god of their false religion.

This definitely makes sense.  Thank you guys.
My comment ment that even the devil worshipers know of God they have to acknowlege that jesus is the bread of life in order to reject it or make antithisis of it to do the opposet.

of course God knows all and hears what people say in their minds but from false worshipers he might choose not to grant their prayers that is what I ment.

signed Jeremy
(03-19-2010, 01:15 AM)churchesoffortwayne Wrote: My comment ment that even the devil worshipers know of God they have to acknowlege that jesus is the bread of life in order to reject it or make antithisis of it to do the opposet.

of course God knows all and hears what people say in their minds but from false worshipers he might choose not to grant their prayers that is what I ment.

signed Jeremy

Yeah, my opinion is that the Satanists know the True God though they do not understand Him rightly or else they would not make Him their enemy.

The other religions have much less knowledge of God. They are ignorant or obstinate, usually ignorant. The Satanists know much more and their rituals and worship mirror the rituals and worship of the Church which are turned on their heads.
(03-19-2010, 01:15 AM)churchesoffortwayne Wrote: My comment ment that even the devil worshipers know of God they have to acknowlege that jesus is the bread of life in order to reject it or make antithisis of it to do the opposet.

signed Jeremy

Well, yes, but the devil knows of the true God as well and has to acknowledge that Jesus is the Bread of Life, but the reason Satan is in hell is he would not worship God by honoring His command to minister to man.

"I will not serve." ~Lucifer
Never said you had to, lol

Truth be told, can anyone really tell if the hearts of the Islamic people really mean to pray to the Father of Jesus, in wholeheartedness? How many people among the catholics can see inside peoples hearts like Saint Padre Pio could through the gift and power of God?

I think that would be the only way to know, or if our Lady comes out and says something on the issue in an approved apparition.

signed Jeremy L