Poll: Do you prefer the dialogue Mass?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

God and "Allah"
What could be said to an Islamic worshipper who says that they are worshipping the only correct way or the only true God and that Catholics have it wrong.  What undeniable proof could be cited to them?
Yes and if I was a mohamadan on a mohamadan forum they would use the koran the basis of their vile false religion to show me.
But I dunno about u but I'm not a mohamadan. This is not a mohamadan forum. And the Catholic faith is not a vile fale religion. So since we are taking Gods words into account here and not the whims of men perhaps u to could answer inpefess"s and my questions?
(03-23-2010, 02:39 AM)Thacrow Wrote: What could be said to an Islamic worshipper who says that they are worshipping the only correct way or the only true God and that Catholics have it wrong.  What undeniable proof could be cited to them?

Logic. Reason. Rationality. ...to name a few. If you have ever studied Islam, you would understand how it defies all of those. God is reduced to a scheming, deceiving, negligent god who:

1.) does not send his people a redeemer in the personage of God the Son (Jesus).

2.) switches Jesus out with a decoy while on the cross so that the Jews don't kill Him. (Why did He let the Jews get Him up there in the first place?)

3.) doesn't tell Christ's own mother that her Son didn't really die - he was just "replaced". (There is no evidence of this.)

4.) did not provide any undeniable evidence to support the "truth" of what Mohammad claims to have experienced.

5.) did not provide his "prophet" with any miracles that would convince any reasonable God-fearing person that Mohammad was sent by him.

6.) allows Christians to be deceived (thinking that Jesus was the Son of God [I mean, what a ridiculous concept, right?]) for close to 500 years before sending his proofless, witnessless, prophet to convince the Christians that they all had being persecuted and martyred for absolutely nothing. How the Christians received the grace to die for Christ as God they can't explain. (I mean, doesn't grace come from God? Wouldn't their god be perpetuating the waste of these Christian's lives?)

7.) conceives his "prophet" Isa (Jesus) in the womb of a virgin woman, but doesn't provide the "great prophet" with the same privilege of coming from a pure womb. Rather, he allows his "great prophet" to take a wife who is 7 or 8 years old and then consummate the marriage at 9.

8.) contradicts himself with the words of the "prophet" Isa (Jesus) and the words of the "great prophet", Mohammad.

9.) contradicts himself within his own book from the "great prophet".

10.) does not perform or provide miracles for his people to reward their fidelity to them. (Where is the historical evidence or proof that our Lady [Maryam] visited the Muslim people and told them to keep up the Nasheeds?)

Undeniable proof? The New Testament.
Reason I did not answere question one right away was that I was getting sick of rapid fire discussion over it and I just wanted to move on to other stuff last night. 

I know the passages of which you speak,  Jesus also said he is the good sheepard , and the sheepgate and no one comes to the Father but through Him.  This I know from John its one of my favorite verses.

You say that because they dont belive in the Trinity, then the Father they claim as the God of Abraham, is not so.  In a litteral interpretation that would be true. but, It dont change the fact that they think they are praying to the God of Abraham who they belive to be the one true God, even if by default their prayers might be null and void to God, So I still say that Allah is no moongod, There is no question that Islam is a decieved religion, but it does not mean that the muslams Do not intend to call The real God Allah when they say it and say praise His name.

I am just saying by default intentions are not always explicit in what they ment.

Muslims are nominalists and voluntarists. Either they beleive that nothing has inherent, unchangable meaning (including their moral code) or their god is self-contradictory and cannot exist.
(03-24-2010, 02:22 AM)churchesoffortwayne Wrote: Reason I did not answere question one right away was that I was getting sick of rapid fire discussion over it and I just wanted to move on to other stuff last night. 

I know the passages of which you speak,  Jesus also said he is the good sheepard , and the sheepgate and no one comes to the Father but through Him.  This I know from John its one of my favorite verses.

You say that because they dont belive in the Trinity, then the Father they claim as the God of Abraham, is not so.  In a litteral interpretation that would be true. but, It dont change the fact that they think they are praying to the God of Abraham who they belive to be the one true God, even if by default their prayers might be null and void to God, So I still say that Allah is no moongod, There is no question that Islam is a decieved religion, but it does not mean that the muslams Do not intend to call The real God Allah when they say it and say praise His name.

I am just saying by default intentions are not always explicit in what they ment.

Their god relates to the God in name only. It's just semantics and is a misnomer.

What they say and beleive doesn't matter. What's actually happening does. They pray to a god who dictated a book to a "prophet" which says that those who beleive in a triune God will rot in hell.

They may have a Thomistic desire for the greatest Good. They may have a desire left indelibly on their soul to be one with the true Creator, but this desire doesn't mean that their prayers are automatically directed at that true Creator. They intellectually reject that God with their Muslim faith (specifically a faith in a god they call Allah whose nature contradicts that of the Trinity).
One one hand the only way to true salvation is threw a triune God so then if you don't you go to hell - Bible.  On the other if you worship a triune God you go to hell - Koran.

Everyone wants to go to heaven so it is everyone's best interest not to be wrong.

It seems unfair that the only real difference is where one is born.  People are born into Islam and if they lead a good life; threw charity, humility, kindness, and so on,  they will still go to hell even if they were never exposed to the Bible and were never given a choice.

Mind you I don't speak up for radical suicide bombing, cut women's-noses-off-for-showing-their-faces-in-publics Muslims.  Of course they'll be going to hell.
That makes no sense. You mist be a sefcular humanist. Certainly u r a relativist. Its far worse to reject Godn the Father, Son and Holy Ghost far far worse for you to do that then chop noses off.
While chopping noses off sounds vile its small peanust compared to rejecting God
U need to get your head straight
(03-24-2010, 03:55 AM)Thacrow Wrote: One one hand the only way to true salvation is threw a triune God so then if you don't you go to hell - Bible.  On the other if you worship a triune God you go to hell - Koran.

Everyone wants to go to heaven so it is everyone's best interest not to be wrong.

It seems unfair that the only real difference is where one is born.  People are born into Islam and if they lead a good life; threw charity, humility, kindness, and so on,  they will still go to hell even if they were never exposed to the Bible and were never given a choice.

Mind you I don't speak up for radical suicide bombing, cut women's-noses-off-for-showing-their-faces-in-publics Muslims.  Of course they'll be going to hell.

Do you believe in grace? Do you believe that God sends everyone grace to seek and find the truth?
(03-24-2010, 12:16 PM)INPEFESS Wrote: Do you believe in grace? Do you believe that God sends everyone grace to seek and find the truth?

no