Poll: Does libertarianism (with a small l) contradict Church teaching?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Using Artificial Contraception
I'm very curious about this topic. If you don't feel comfortable sharing, please vote anonymously. If you would like to share your insights please do.

My wife and I fit into option four. We used contraceptives, but began having marital difficulties. After some spiritual direction and prayer, we realized that it was infidelity to church teaching through contraception that was causing our problems. We stopped using contraception and had an IMMEDIATE improvement in our relationship.

I'm not sure why contraceptives are so prevalent amongst otherwise devout catholics. My wife is a cradle catholic, but grew up in a lukewarm family and the doctrine was never really taught, let alone understood or encouraged. I'm a convert and never put much thought into contraceptives. During our marriage prep classes and during my RCIA classes the churches teachings were explained and understood by me. I used contraceptives cause that's what the doctors seemed to be pushing and I figure that everyone else was doing it so it must be okay. I just figured the church was old and dust or didn't understand cause they're just a bunch or celebates anyway (I never formed these ideas solidly, but they seem to have been almost subconsciously under the surface).

Repenting of this sin has been a blessing upon our marriage and a great relief. Anyone else have a story to share ???
I included one option twice and don't know how to remove this?
I guess you all can figure it out :laughing:
Sex..hmm, let me see if I can remember.
tim
(11-26-2009, 09:25 PM)timoose Wrote: Sex..hmm, let me see if I can remember.
tim
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Tim you kill me!
Ive been married 5 years and am having my 4th kid....Its not too secret that i DONT  :laughing: :laughing:
(11-26-2009, 09:44 PM)CanadianCatholic Wrote: Ive been married 5 years and am having my 4th kid....Its not too secret that i DONT  :laughing: :laughing:
:laughing: yeah, even I could guess that one!
If you're a cradle trad I guess this was instilled and reinforced throughtout your life?
(11-26-2009, 09:59 PM)RalphKramden Wrote:
(11-26-2009, 09:44 PM)CanadianCatholic Wrote: Ive been married 5 years and am having my 4th kid....Its not too secret that i DONT  :laughing: :laughing:
:laughing: yeah, even I could guess that one!
If you're a cradle trad I guess this was instilled and reinforced throughtout your life?
Im number #7 of 13...LOL what do you think? hehe
I'm a convert, and used to be a vewwy baaaaaaaad widdle boy....
I have a feeling this thread is going to end badly.  Very badly.  It has epic fail written all over it.

Nonetheless, like a car accident, I can't look away.  I'll just hide under here and watch.  :safe:
(11-26-2009, 10:02 PM)CanadianCatholic Wrote: Im number #7 of 13...LOL what do you think? hehe
13 :o
:laughing: