This will make you sick
Sorry to break it too and I know this mst hurt but
The NO is a bastard protestant mass. Its not catholic. Just because it has the paperwork to claim itself to be catholic dpesnt make it so. Its a prod bastard mass as was the intent of the man who created it.
Sip
Alos it should be noted that validity itself doesn't make a mass ctholic. The orhtodox have valid masses a black Mass also could be valid it doesn't mean its catholic.
Also the NO does a preety good job mocking itself
Sip sip
Pardpone moi francais olayy
Sip
(11-28-2009, 10:03 AM)BlessedKarl Wrote:
(11-28-2009, 09:21 AM)devotedknuckles Wrote: The lesson here is
With the NO its almost impossible to tell the difference between it and a prod mass considering the NO itself is a bastar prod mass.
Having witnessed liturgical dance I understand the sentiment of this thread.
The point is with the NO u never really know.

EXCUSE ME?! Whatever disagreements you have with the NO NEVER WARRANTS CALLING IT A "BASTARD PRODUCED MASS!" PERIOD! It is a valid holy sacrifice of the mass, regardless of whether or not it is inferior or superior to TLM,  and should be treated as such. Criticize the disgraceful liturgical abuses of you will but never mock a valid mass!

I have no other choice than attend a N.O. Mass, so I searched out the most "conservative" one I could. I would even attend an Orthodox service if I could find one. Most of the time I am ok with the Mass I go to, but sometimes...oh my.  DK speaks truth. The N.O. is too easily corrupted in a baptist revival or group therapy session for judaizers.

devotedknuckles Wrote:NO itself is a bastar prod mass.

Wow. Just wow. I would not want to answer for saying that on the Last Day.

Quote:Having witnessed liturgical dance I understand the sentiment of this thread.

Praytell, please show us where in the official liturgical book the selfsame dance is mandated.
To do a real comparison between the NO and the Tridentine, one has to compare both at their "best". Which would mean a Novus Ordo in Latin with a full choir, ad orientem, Communion kneeling, etc. And a Tridentine Solemn High Mass, which is pretty standard.

It would be hard to call the NO a "prod Mass" after that. Especially because the only substantive difference between the two is the Offertory- which was not even in the TLM until the late in the Middle Ages (before then the Secrets were the only art of the Offertory). Not that it's unimportant, of course.

They say it is a sign of a superior mind if one can hold two diametrically opposed ideas in one's head. I do not condone the abuse in any way shape or form, and I agree that the new Mass is banal, and made up on the spot, with the input from Protestants.

I also grieve for those who left and have gone into the wilderness with out a shepherd, or those who have gone over to denominations because of lies or need of comfort, and even those in the parishes where abuse is even slight, but don't we want them to come back? are they not our brothers? and are we not responsible for them?

Iteration is fine but when  there is no change in the answer repeatedly, and after this many iterations isn't it time to do something different? Let's channel our anger and disgust and aim prayer at the problem, not keep wallowing in our shared anger and disgust.

Why don't we all resolve to say an extra prayer for the return of all those separated from the Church in any way shape or form. Prayer and fasting are the most powerful weapons we have at this time of the synthesis of all errors.
tim
NonSumDignus Wrote:To do a real comparison between the NO and the Tridentine, one has to compare both at their "best". Which would mean a Novus Ordo in Latin with a full choir, ad orientem, Communion kneeling, etc. And a Tridentine Solemn High Mass, which is pretty standard.

If we did, NonSumDignus, how could we make knee-jerk conclusions stemming from gross historical and liturgical generalizations?
Its not knee jerk credo
ABL himself called the NO a bastard mass. Its theology is protestant. Not catholic again as was the intent of the mason who created it.
Its like an anglican saying one must compare a high anglican mass and a NO or a TLM all at there best.
This is not just about bells and smells. Its the theology of it.
For u not to gete it well
Sip
Whatever
what on earth were those nuns doing?  It looked like something hindus do.
(11-28-2009, 10:09 AM)devotedknuckles Wrote: Sorry to break it too and I know this mst hurt but
The NO is a bastard protestant mass. Its not catholic. Just because it has the paperwork to claim itself to be catholic dpesnt make it so. Its a prod bastard mass as was the intent of the man who created it.
Sip

You are right. The NO Mass was created by protestants and freemasons to destroy the Catholic faith. It's done a pretty good job too.