This will make you sick
The New Mass is the Ordinary Mass of the Roman Catholic Church. There are abuses, because it is human, on the same way that they are neo-trads who deny that Ordinary Mass is valid Sacrifice of Jesus Christ.

(11-28-2009, 09:21 AM)devotedknuckles Wrote: The lesson here is
With the NO its almost impossible to tell the difference between it and a prod mass considering the NO itself is a bastar prod mass.
Having witnessed liturgical dance I understand the sentiment of this thread.
The point is with the NO u never really know.
I'm not arguin its not valid though its validity is not assumed.
The orthodox have a valid mass too again a black mass could be valid. Ur not arguing these masses are catholic r u
I think it's iffy whether the NO Mass is valid. In order to be valid the Mass must have 3 elements, Proper Matter, Form, and Intent.

I know there are lots and lots of NO Masses that do not use proper Matter for the Bread and Wine

I know there are even more NO Masses that do not use proper form. ("For all" comes to mind here)

I know there are many NO Priests who do not believe in the transubstantiation.

Only one of these abuses would invalidate the Mass. It makes me wonder if any NO Masses are valid.

Few. But its a notard way to try to divert te debate. They will say as they said here
"its a valid mass how dsre u"
Well
Who dares wins! Tsk tsk couldn't help meself

Sip
Alright then. Everyone is a Mason using your "proof."
Well to use urs
Every mason is not a mason
So says u
Sip
I was raised in the NO church. Enjoyed learning about Jesus and the apostles when I was a younster.
For that reason I never really gave up hope.

But for the the life of me I just couldn't figure out why people (our ancestors) had gone to their death to stay Catholic.
The whole NO mass experience seemed so stupid. I wouldn't say that then but thats what I was thinking.
But hey, I wasn't going to abandon what I was left by my ancestors.

But year after year less people came to mass, and some people came for a few weeks and you could tell they were searching for something but whatever it was they didn't find it in the NO mass.

After learning about the traditional mass and the older ways of worship I knew instantly that we had been defrauded.

Its like a man who wants to get rid of his wife but keep the house and the wealth so he poisons her coffee and she slowly she dies.
He's still nice to her, "hey honey, are you feeling better, want some more coffee?"
Her sister tells her that her husband is trying to poison her and she gets  angry "how dare you!"
How true.
Sip sip
(11-28-2009, 06:43 PM)artificial person Wrote: I was raised in the NO church. Enjoyed learning about Jesus and the apostles when I was a younster.

But for the the life of me I just couldn't figure out why people (our ancestors) had gone to their death to stay Catholic.
The whole NO mass experience seemed so stupid. I wouldn't say that then but thats what I was thinking.

But year after year less people came to mass, and some people came for a few weeks and you could tell they were searching for something but whatever it was they didn't find it in the NO mass.

After learning about the traditional mass and the older ways of worship I knew instantly that we had been defrauded.

Its like a man who wants to get rid of his wife but keep the house and the wealth so he poisons her coffee and she slowly she dies.
He's still nice to her, "hey honey, are you feeling better, want some more coffee?"
Her sister tells her that her husband is trying to poison her and she gets  angry "how dare you!"

I'll even sip sip to that!

(11-28-2009, 06:43 PM)artificial person Wrote: I was raised in the NO church. Enjoyed learning about Jesus and the apostles when I was a younster.

that's incredibly well put!