Women religious not complying with Vatican Study (no surprise)
Next time I post something like this, I'll add a warning at the beginning: "If you have a beverage, put it down".
(11-29-2009, 02:52 PM)Padre_Ricardo Wrote: Next time I post something like this, I'll add a warning at the beginning: "If you have a beverage, put it down".

Much appreciated.  ;D
Women dressed like men claiming to be "nuns." Hmmm...I say let them just die off.

(11-29-2009, 03:02 PM)Petertherock Wrote: Women dressed like men claiming to be "nuns." Hmmm...I say let them just die off.
Look on the bright side:  they don't dress in habits, and nobody gets them confused with the good ones...
(11-29-2009, 06:00 PM)Dust Wrote:
(11-29-2009, 03:02 PM)Petertherock Wrote: Women dressed like men claiming to be "nuns." Hmmm...I say let them just die off.
Look on the bright side:  they don't dress in habits, and nobody gets them confused with the good ones...

True, I mean who would confuse these "ladies" with nuns?

[Image: Council.jpg]

Many members of religious orders are known - casually - by their orders' initials (OCD, CCVI, CDP, and so forth).  These are the kind that I refer to as LPNs: lapel-pin nuns.
LOL
I can remember a few months ago we had one of these lapel pin nuns giving a speech at our TLM about her mission. I am sure the mission does good work and all, but I have a problem with a nun not wearing a habit. She didn't bother to stay for the Mass either, she gave her speech during the sermon and then left. Needless to say, I didn't donate to her "order." I would rather donate to the local St. Vincent DuPaul.

(11-29-2009, 07:03 PM)Petertherock Wrote: I can remember a few months ago we had one of these lapel pin nuns giving a speech at our TLM about her mission. I am sure the mission does good work and all, but I have a problem with a nun not wearing a habit. She didn't bother to stay for the Mass either, she gave her speech during the sermon and then left. Needless to say, I didn't donate to her "order." I would rather donate to the local St. Vincent DuPaul.

Honestly, you supprise me that one of these lapel pin nuns would even step into the vestibule of a church where the medieval, chauvinistic, patriarchal TLM is said!
(11-29-2009, 06:10 PM)Petertherock Wrote:
(11-29-2009, 06:00 PM)Dust Wrote:

True, I mean who would confuse these "ladies" with nuns?

[Image: Council.jpg]

Those are some short haircuts...