Women religious not complying with Vatican Study (no surprise)
(11-29-2009, 02:36 PM)Walty Wrote: Hahaha...  They want "transparency."  The Church isn't a democracy, sisters. 

What a bunch of whiny brats.  The Church asked you to fill out a questionnaire.  Nothing but ignorant, medieval minded, chauvinists would ask for that.

The funny thing is that all their crap will be forgotten in a hundred years.  Goodnight ladies.

I don't think it will take a hundred years.  Probably 20 at most.  If you look at the pictures (and ages if you can find them) of these so called "sisters" most averages put them well over 60.  In twenty years most of the well known orders will have died out with a few "stragglers" hanging on (probably living on their own in apartments).  My high school (25 years ago) was run by the Sisters of Mercy.  They were the so-called "lapel pin" sisters, had a huge convent attached to the school and numbered around 50.  Last year the remaining "sisters" (two) were shipped off to a retirement home and the convent was sold to the school to be used as a research lab and broken up into classrooms.  We are in the middle of a "Great Die-Off" and these so-called "sisters" are participating in their own suicide.  My opinion is that in 20 years religious life will be purged from this evil and replaced by small but very active traditional Orders.  Active in both the world and contemplation.  That day can't come quick enough.

I liken this visitation by the Vatican as a doctor checking a patient on life support.  If the patient refuses to cooperate with the doctor there's nothing he can do but let nature take it's course.  I think the Vatican knows this and initiated this visitation as either a last resort or a gesture of simple charity (Last Rites perhaps?) as religious life in the west slowly dies off.  It's sad....very sad to watch these women scream and stomp off knowing their way of life is on death's doorstep and refusing to accept it.  It's not a pretty sight.  Very pitiful.
It reminds me of the story Fr. Corapi told about when he was looking to join an order (forgive me if I mentioned this before) but he said "recruiters" for the orders were calling him like college or military recruiters and saying things like "You don't have to wear a habit." "We go to movies here." "We take vacations." "We go to ballgames." Fr. Corapi said he finally told them, "If I wanted to live in the world, why would I join a religious order? Seems to defeat the purpose of joining an order."

I'd like to know which orders cooperated with the study.  Good on them!  :thumb:
(11-29-2009, 08:34 PM)GraceSeeker Wrote: I'd like to know which orders cooperated with the study.  Good on them!   :thumb:
http://www.newsday.com/long-island/nassa...-1.1626774
Just in case, put your beverages down.

I attended seminary in a large city in the Northeastern United States.  One of my classmates once arranged to take a group of boys from an inner-city Catholic school (staffed by LPNs) to attend the profession of vows of some young women who were joining an order known for its fidelity.  On the way back, he asked them what they had learned that day.  One of them answered: "Well, I learned that not all sisters are fat and miserable!"
LOL
HA
Classic Padre
Sip sip
(11-29-2009, 10:04 PM)Padre_Ricardo Wrote: "Well, I learned that not all sisters are fat and miserable!"
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
(11-29-2009, 02:47 PM)Padre_Ricardo Wrote: A few years ago, a religious priest gave a retreat to the priests in my diocese.  He talked about the fact that he always wears his religious habit, even on airplanes.  He said that sometimes he asks religious sisters why they don't wear the habit, and, typically, their response is: "It scares people."  His response was: "It's not your habit that scares people; it's your face!"

Thanks for the chuckle.  :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
(11-29-2009, 06:10 PM)Petertherock Wrote:
(11-29-2009, 06:00 PM)Dust Wrote:
(11-29-2009, 03:02 PM)Petertherock Wrote: Women dressed like men claiming to be "nuns." Hmmm...I say let them just die off.
Look on the bright side:  they don't dress in habits, and nobody gets them confused with the good ones...

True, I mean who would confuse these "ladies" with nuns?

[Image: Council.jpg]

The first thing i thought of when I looked at these uhm..."women" was hey its John Madden. Especially the one second from left in the top row.

"The first thing the offense is gonna wanna do is destroy the Mass then BOOM you got a new religion its just part of the Game."

The one on the far right top row really needs a pointed witches hat.
(11-29-2009, 10:04 PM)Padre_Ricardo Wrote: Just in case, put your beverages down.

I attended seminary in a large city in the Northeastern United States.  One of my classmates once arranged to take a group of boys from an inner-city Catholic school (staffed by LPNs) to attend the profession of vows of some young women who were joining an order known for its fidelity.  On the way back, he asked them what they had learned that day.  One of them answered: "Well, I learned that not all sisters are fat and miserable!"

:laughing: :laughing: Ahh your Cracking me up Padre those two posts were great.