Berkeley Jesuits at Large
(12-01-2009, 12:34 AM)Baskerville Wrote: What a queer everyone should avoid the Jesuits they are an apostate order.

Not all Jesuits.

I personally know an awesome Jesuit priest who says the Latin Mass quite frequently.  Diamond in the rough, but still...
Here's the latest:

Dennis McGrath, the mouthpiece of the Archdiocese of Saint Paul, Minnesota, insists that a controversial speaker, Father Kevin Burke SJ, who is about to speak at a local parish, Our Lady of Grace in Edina, is a priest in good standing and there is no cause to invoke any sanctions against his coming visit and talk. While Mr. McGrath admits that the Church has admonitions about Liberation Theology, he won't admit that it condemns this Marxist ideological approach. McGrath insists that, "condemnation is much too strong a word." In reality the Church has condemned Liberation Theology and even if a specific condemnation weren't available at this point, many of its underlying principles. The Communications Director of the Archdiocese is wrong, the Church has condemned Liberation Theology and the Archdiocese (link) is hosting a well-known advocate of Liberation Theology and Homosexuality in opposition to his own rules not to host speakers whose writings are not in harmony with the teachings of the Catholic Church.

Father Burke SJ has written and not retracted various treatises on Liberation Theology in praise of Marxists like Ignacio Ellacuria, who became a casualty of war when he assisted Soviet backed guerrillas in the Salvadoran civil war.

He also heads a faculty in Berkeley that features "Queer Studies". It's hard to see how this amounts to "being in harmony with the teachings of the Church."

When we brought this to the layman's attention, he accused the interviewer of not "loving homosexual persons" and went on for a while, insisting that they are certainly welcome in the Archdiocese.

We'd suggest that the Communications Director, given the large salary he receives to represent the Archdiocese in these matters, actually read the directives and teachings of the Church and Archdiocese he claims to represent.

At this point it seems clear where the Bishop and Dennis McGrath, ever eager to make false allusions himself, stand with regard to the teachings of the Church. We would in no way, of course, say that Archbishop Nienstedt or any of those under his leadership are Marxists or Homosexuals, naturally.

http://eponymousflower.blogspot.com/2009...ishop.html
(12-02-2009, 02:03 PM)Stephanos Wrote:
(12-01-2009, 12:34 AM)Baskerville Wrote: What a queer everyone should avoid the Jesuits they are an apostate order.

Not all Jesuits.

I personally know an awesome Jesuit priest who says the Latin Mass quite frequently.  Diamond in the rough, but still...

Oh I have known some decent Jesuits in my day but as Bellringer says they all profess at least some heresy. And I agree with him that its Universalism. The NO Church I occasionaly attend is Jesuit and the Provincial (the Oregon Province the one with all the sex scandals) came to our Parish last year to beg for vocations and he talked about being in the HOly land and how wonderful it was to be where "the Jews practice their covenant where Mohommad ascended to heaven and where Jesus taught peace". Notice who's last. And this dude was considered conservative ???
Though there r good jesuits soehwere.
Sip
Not on earth though. The ones here are awfull. If u ever been in someones dinning room as mass was improvised as swiss chalet arrived by order well
How awfull!!!! Once the jesuits were a great order full of zeal and holy priests sadly it is no longer. And hasn't been for a long time
(12-03-2009, 10:05 AM)devotedknuckles Wrote: Though there r good jesuits soehwere.
Sip
Not on earth though. The ones here are awfull. If u ever been in someones dinning room as mass was improvised as swiss chalet arrived by order well
How awfull!!!! Once the jesuits were a great order full of zeal and holy priests sadly it is no longer. And hasn't been for a long time

The real story isn't the Jesuits, as awful as they are, but that an Archbishop in line for a Cardinal's hat should so brazenly violate principles he published related to speakers in his Archdiocese. 

We think that he's all talk and very little action, but our suspicions may be wrong.