More Iraq - Mosul: Christian buildings attacked, Church of Saint Ephrem levelled
Texican Wrote:Are you insinuating that the USofA is a Christian nation, on a Crusade in Iraq?

No. I'm saying that if the tables were turned, if Iraq invaded the United States (and not the other way around), if Iraq imposed a foreign system of government on America (and not the other way around), if Iraq hired mercenary armies which routinely massacred American civilians (and not the other way around), and if Iraq ended up killing 1,500,000 Americans (and not the other way around), the American people - with their nation under siege - would rise up and do everything in their might to expell an occupying Iraq. 
(12-03-2009, 12:31 AM)Credo Wrote:
Texican Wrote:Are you insinuating that the USofA is a Christian nation, on a Crusade in Iraq?

No. I'm saying that if the tables were turned, if Iraq invaded the United States (and not the other way around), if Iraq imposed a foreign system of government on America (and not the other way around), if Iraq hired mercenary armies which routinely massacred American civilians (and not the other way around), and if Iraq ended up killing 1,500,000 Americans (and not the other way around), the American people - with their nation under siege - would rise up and do everything in their might to expell an occupying Iraq. 

OK, I can see that, but what does that have to do with Christians, that have been in Iraq for many, many years - longer than the muzzies?  Obviously, they didn't invade Iraq, so what does an American invasion and occupation, have to do with them?
Texican Wrote:OK, I can see that, but what does that have to do with Christians, that have been in Iraq for many, many years - longer than the muzzies?  Obviously, they didn't invade Iraq, so what does an American invasion and occupation, have to do with them?

Please reread my first posts. It addressed those questions.

Baskerville made a superficial consideration of what I might say upon reading the above story. I replied that Baskerville's response was inaccurate. Whereupon Iuvenalis and Baskerville made the leap that I believed the attacks on Christians to be "justified 'blowback'," or that I at least hinted at such. I corrected them by saying that given the circumstances of the Iraq invasion, it's not at all hard to see how anything perceived to be associated with the West would be attacked. Rightly or wrongly, this association spilled over onto Iraqi Christians who have been harassed. To focus this ultimately sociological argument I asked people to consider a fictional situation where Iraq had invaded the United States and wrought the damage which the US occupation has wrought on Iraq. My conclusion was that innocent Muslims and their houses of worship would come under siege in this scenario. To make things clear I then explained why it's wrong to conduct the campaign of violence against Iraqi Christians (and our fictional Muslim friends) who have had no actual connection to the US invasion, and why such a campaign would be wrong even if the Christian leaders did. Full circle.
Well credo. The same good be said about any act.
Kristilnacht was after all blowback against the jews in germany.
Hijackings of planes and murdering passegers is just blowback against (u pick percieved opression real or imagined). Blow back doesn't excuse these acts and really that's not why christians are being murdered in iraq. While its a good excuse for leftist or those who blame the USA for all the worlds plms. They r being murdered because that's what their evil gutter religion calls for. Why it is happening now and since the invasuon is because pan arab nationalism as an ideology has whithered and radical jehadism has risen. Have u read qutb credo?
For the moham apologist u r u should. He is certainly one of the founders of ideological jehadism as not just a religious duty but a political one.
Christians in iraq are easy targets. They always have been even under saddam when they mde up the bulk of the professional class. Blowback ok. Then the abu garib can be seen as blowback as well. For the murder and beheading of amarican captives by jehadist. But u wouldn't argue that would u credo?
devotedknuckles, I've sufficiently explained myself. It's fine if you disagree, but your comments are just taking us in circles. 

At some point when I have enough patience tonight I will reply to you in the other thread. Whereupon I will end-up restanting everything I already said in that thread too. At some point reading comprehension needs to kick in. Having to keep telling you the same information is killing this site's bandwidth.
Well stop posting as a mham apologist and ill stop calling u out as one.
Sip