Poll: Which Mass do you attend?..
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

The State of Isreal
If it were the 1960's I would have said yes, cause I'm for an underdog. In the six day war I supported them though I didn't know how much truth was being held back about them.  Lebanon started to open my eyes a crack. Since then my support has eroded until today where I think we should stop giving them any money and tell 'em you are on your own. My thoughts are still evolving and I am beginning to believe it should be a single country where both Ishmaelite, Israelite, and Christian, live side by side with the Roman Catholic Church as the Administrator Protector. This hatred goes back to the beginning, and both actors are incapable of peace, their resentment goes back to Abraham.
tim
(12-01-2009, 03:50 PM)timoose Wrote: If it were the 1960's I would have said yes, cause I'm for an underdog.
The underdog would be the people who lived there and were being kicked out by foreigners.

I watched a movie on it, not knowing what it was about (Cast a Giant Shadow or something), but now that I know the history, I can't imagine how the world tolerated this.
(12-01-2009, 03:50 PM)timoose Wrote: I am beginning to believe it should be a single country where both Ishmaelite, Israelite, and Christian, live side by side with the Roman Catholic Church as the Administrator Protector.

This is the best solution I have heard.
(12-01-2009, 04:41 PM)rbjmartin Wrote:
(12-01-2009, 03:50 PM)timoose Wrote: I am beginning to believe it should be a single country where both Ishmaelite, Israelite, and Christian, live side by side with the Roman Catholic Church as the Administrator Protector.

This is the best solution I have heard.
Same here. If only it were a reality.
I don't remember exactly but an Israeli politico ( I think the one that was assassinated ) was educated by the Jesuits, and he promised Pope John XXIII or Paul VI the city to protect/administrate. I'm just enlarging on that, as many no longer remember. I think this is the reason why the Israeli Government has become more and more anti-Catholic/Christian. I think they remember and don't want the Vatican to get a foot hold nor get it.
tim
I voted "no."

I'm against the state of Israel because it's Jewish. Nothing good can come from a Jewish state. I also do not support the One-State Solution. There can be no equality between Jews and gentiles. One has to have the upper hand with the other. I'd rather gentiles have the upper hand. With the One State plan Jews would quickly figure out a way to run the show, and so it's not a useful long-term plan.
It is the govt of anti Christ
no
If it were the 1960's I would have said yes, cause I'm for an underdog.
[/quote]
The underdog would be the people who lived there and were being kicked out by foreigners.

I watched a movie on it, not knowing what it was about (Cast a Giant Shadow or something), but now that I know the history, I can't imagine how the world tolerated this.
[/quote]

Quite right.  Golda Meir was lying through her teeth when she said Palestine was "a land without a people for a people without a land."  There were plenty of people on the land of Palestine--and a good percentage of the Palestinians were Christians.  Besides, who says the Jews don't have a land outside of Israel?  I live in the U.S.; the Jews have plenty of land here.  (And too much say in the land, some might argue.)   

Of course, now that Jews are in the Holy Land, I pray for a just solution.  I pray that Jews, Muslims and Christians can live in peace on that piece of real estate.  Whether that means one state, two states or no state (my position), I do not wish to see any tribe "driven into the sea." 

Why would any non-Zionist support what that French ambassador called "that sh*tty little country" who wants to cause WW3 someday...........

It is nothing more than a hate-state built upon paranoia, prejudice, and racism..............and , oh yea, [i]terrorism.

There is no way you can call your self a Christian and believe Israel should be supported as it exist today, unless your one of them tele-evangelist nutjobs like John Hagee. :crazy:

(12-01-2009, 08:52 PM)anamchara Wrote: If it were the 1960's I would have said yes, cause I'm for an underdog.

[/quote]

Quite right.  Golda Meir was lying through her teeth when she said Palestine was "a land without a people for a people without a land."  There were plenty of people on the land of Palestine--and a good percentage of the Palestinians were Christians.  Besides, who says the Jews don't have a land outside of Israel?  I live in the U.S.; the Jews have plenty of land here.  (And too much say in the land, some might argue.)   

Of course, now that Jews are in the Holy Land, I pray for a just solution.  I pray that Jews, Muslims and Christians can live in peace on that piece of real estate.  Whether that means one state, two states or no state (my position), I do not wish to see any tribe "driven into the sea." 

[/quote] Please tell me you're not referring to Ahmadinejad's quote that was twisted and falsely misquoted by the Western Zionists news media.