The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL!
(12-01-2009, 07:26 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: The "traditionalist" Catholic section is marred by blurring the traditionalists and the neo-cons together.

Just fyi.

It also blurs the "radical Traditionalists" (i.e. the NO Mass is invalid) with the Traditionalists who are in good standing with the Church (FSSP). No insult is intended, but obviously, an FSSP/ICKSP (and possibly an SSPX) Traditionalist is going to view the NO Mass as valid (although perhaps subjectively inferior to the TLM), while an SSPV type might view the NO as invalid.
(12-01-2009, 09:58 PM)nsper7 Wrote: It also blurs the "radical Traditionalists" (i.e. the NO Mass is invalid) with the Traditionalists who are in good standing with the Church (FSSP). No insult is intended, but obviously, an FSSP/ICKSP (and possibly an SSPX) Traditionalist is going to view the NO Mass as valid (although perhaps subjectively inferior to the TLM), while an SSPV type might view the NO as invalid.

I dislike these political labels for people in the Church.

The Church is traditional, and always was.
(12-01-2009, 10:03 PM)Rosarium Wrote:
(12-01-2009, 09:58 PM)nsper7 Wrote: It also blurs the "radical Traditionalists" (i.e. the NO Mass is invalid) with the Traditionalists who are in good standing with the Church (FSSP). No insult is intended, but obviously, an FSSP/ICKSP (and possibly an SSPX) Traditionalist is going to view the NO Mass as valid (although perhaps subjectively inferior to the TLM), while an SSPV type might view the NO as invalid.

I dislike these political labels for people in the Church.

The Church is traditional, and always was.

Well, you have to define "tradition". Obviously, there is Sacred Tradition, which is one of the authoritative sources of doctrine. In that sense, Catholicism is "traditional"; however, we have to be careful not to conflate Sacred Tradition with historical traditions of the Church ("Tradition in Action", with its obsession with Western cultural norms, seems to fall prey to treating the latter as the former).
(12-01-2009, 09:05 PM)BlessedKarl Wrote: Unfortunately there is truth in what you post. Yet I ask that you do not judge those of us who attend the TLM. Many of us just want to see mass celebrated in a way that does glory to God. Or at least we want to feel that way. We are human beings like you Carnivore. We have our faults and our problems. But please don't try and paint with such a broad brush.

Please keep in mind it's a joke.  I attend the Extraordinary Form of the Mass every Sunday (I attend the Ordinary Form on the Mass Monday-Saturday) and no way would I equate that to being indicative of a "fundamentalist Catholic."  What I will say is that any valid sacrificial liturgy gives glory to God and not just the Extraordinary Form of the Mass -- or even just Masses for that matter either.
Lol it's funny.

But seriously, SSPX is non-catholic?  And EWTN is traditionalist?

But it was still funny :laughing:
(12-01-2009, 10:27 PM)Carnivore Wrote:
(12-01-2009, 09:05 PM)BlessedKarl Wrote: Unfortunately there is truth in what you post. Yet I ask that you do not judge those of us who attend the TLM. Many of us just want to see mass celebrated in a way that does glory to God. Or at least we want to feel that way. We are human beings like you Carnivore. We have our faults and our problems. But please don't try and paint with such a broad brush.

Please keep in mind it's a joke.  I attend the Extraordinary Form of the Mass every Sunday (I attend the Ordinary Form on the Mass Monday-Saturday) and no way would I equate that to being indicative of a "fundamentalist Catholic."  What I will say is that any valid sacrificial liturgy gives glory to God and not just the Extraordinary Form of the Mass -- or even just Masses for that matter either.

BS, you are a well-known troll on CAF who has been banned multiple times. You exist to stir up emotions against trads there.

(12-01-2009, 10:27 PM)Carnivore Wrote: Please keep in mind it's a joke. 
There are some things which are not fit for jokes.

While past behavior if any is known shouldn't haunt you, I'd recommend you try to keep it as cordial as possible.
I found the flowcharting techniques highly unconventional. The lack of terminals and left-to-right directional arrows are unorthodox.  As soon as I can overcome this illicit use of symbols, I’ll start working on the content.
(12-01-2009, 10:47 PM)jutius Wrote: I found the flowcharting techniques highly unconventional. The lack of terminals and left-to-right directional arrows are unorthodox.  As soon as I can overcome this illicit use of symbols, I’ll start working on the content.

Yes, it isn't a flow chart at all.
(12-01-2009, 10:47 PM)jutius Wrote: I found the flowcharting techniques highly unconventional. The lack of terminals and left-to-right directional arrows are unorthodox.  As soon as I can overcome this illicit use of symbols, I’ll start working on the content.

Maybe the heterodox charting technique was due to a lack of "paper?"