The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL!
(12-15-2009, 11:42 AM)Louis_Martin Wrote: To assist, Princeton's wordnet provides this:

Fabrication:
# a deliberately false or improbable account
# writing in a fictional form
# the act of making something (a product) from raw materials; "the synthesis and fabrication of single crystals"; "an improvement in the manufacture of explosives"; "manufacturing is vital to Great Britain"
# the act of constructing something (as a piece of machinery)
# lying: the deliberate act of deviating from the truth

Bold sections being pertinent, methinks.

The first one might even apply to the account of the work of Coetus 18bis of Bugnini's Consilium.  The account was written by one Antoine Dumas, the head of Coetus 18bis.  Coetus 18bis was charged with the fabrication of new proper prayers.
(12-15-2009, 11:36 AM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: Back to my question: is the Novus Ordo (or Pauline Mass if you prefer) a fabrication by the very definition of the word?  Yes or no, and qualify it as you desire.

I would say it's a resumed organic development dating from the early church going forward.  You might call it the AVM -- Ancient Vernacular Mass.
Would it be sinful to attend a mass which was blatantly disrespectful to God?
He refused to answer the question again for the umpteenth time on his "Why I like lower things" thread

Franklinf posed the question...and he weaseled out saying it was "beneath" him...so he will not answer the question...because the coward knows that if he does...he will have to lie to maintain face or he will have to head in a direction that will make him swallow his pride.

here is his latest refusal

http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...sg33194032

(12-15-2009, 02:01 PM)Carnivore Wrote:
(12-15-2009, 11:36 AM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: Back to my question: is the Novus Ordo (or Pauline Mass if you prefer) a fabrication by the very definition of the word?  Yes or no, and qualify it as you desire.

I would say it's a resumed organic development dating from the early church going forward.  You might call it the AVM -- Ancient Vernacular Mass.

LOL...you bought the package
(12-15-2009, 02:01 PM)Carnivore Wrote:

I have noticed that you seem to really be interested in this topic.  And I asked this question on your thread that has been locked so you were not able to answer.
I don't mean to pry, but I've been reading this thread.
Carnivore are you a priest or a seminarian or something like a brother?  You do seem to have a real interest in this.
(12-15-2009, 02:15 PM)Scipio_a Wrote: He refused to answer the question again for the umpteenth time on his "Why I like lower things" thread

I know.

I think we should all just wait for this simple question to be answered. To continue any debate on the topic is meaningless until this is answered.

If his answer is "no", then all your approaches (anyone who responds to him) are futile and you should refocus onto the importance of honouring God. If his answer is "yes", then the approach will be to determine if the Church could in any way (by omission, silence or by infallible decrees) temporarily approve something something which is disrespectful and if such a thing would be sinful to attend.

Then y'all'll* be set to debate the NO issue. Right now, I cannot see how any communication can be successful, mostly because of one party's refusal to answer a simple baseline question.

* "You all will"
(12-15-2009, 02:20 PM)gullible Wrote: I have noticed that you seem to really be interested in this topic.  And I asked this question on your thread that has been locked so you were not able to answer.
Carnivore are you a priest or a seminarian or something like a brother?  You do seem to have a real interest in this.

Neither a priest, seminarian or religious brother.
(12-15-2009, 04:06 PM)Carnivore Wrote:
(12-15-2009, 02:20 PM)gullible Wrote: I have noticed that you seem to really be interested in this topic.  And I asked this question on your thread that has been locked so you were not able to answer.

Neither a priest, seminarian or religious brother.

That is the best thing I've heard all day...sad innit?

What about the question... just a yes or a no.
Carnivore,

On the locked thread you said that the question "Would it be sinful to attend a mass which was blatantly disrespectful to God?" was fallacious and beneath you. Could you please explain why? It is a very simple question and isn't referring to any specific Mass. As Ros. said, it would be helpful to know your answer to frame the discussion.

Also, why the change in opinion on the question? Originally you said you would answer it once I answered your question. I did that, yet now all of a sudden you feel that the question is "beneath" you.