The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL!
Beneath him
Sip
He must be bred to the purple.
Sure sounds like it being so beneath someone
Sip
Yeah, purple from having stuck his foot so far in his mouth he can't breath
I use "OF" for the Traditional Latin Mass, becuase it is the true "Ordinary Form" of the Latin Rite, because the Novus Ordo is actually a new rite, which is a no-no.

I prefer to use PBM for the Novus Ordo Mass, that is Protestantized Bastardized Mass.  ;D
And its pronounced
Peebum
Sip
(12-15-2009, 02:01 PM)Carnivore Wrote:
(12-15-2009, 11:36 AM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: Back to my question: is the Novus Ordo (or Pauline Mass if you prefer) a fabrication by the very definition of the word?  Yes or no, and qualify it as you desire.

I would say it's a resumed organic development dating from the early church going forward.  You might call it the AVM -- Ancient Vernacular Mass.

From the dictionary:

organic:  developing in the manner of a living plant or animal

Can you explain and defend your use of "organic" with regard to the "AVM"?  ::)

I will even grant you that it is "resumed" for the sake of discussion.  Never mind the "resumption" probably happened after an 1100 year hiatus...

But it seems to me that animals and plants grow and adapt over long periods of time.  They aren't constructed by slapping a duck's bill on a seal and calling it a platypus.  The arrival at the Tridentine Mass from the "Ancient Vernacular" is clearly an organic growth.  It happened over centuries, had cultural influences, what was seen to be pleasing to God by its fruits was kept, what was shown to be dangerous or unpleasing was discarded.  It went through a 1500 year discernment process.

The Pauline as promulgated, OTOH, was pieced together from various here-and-there items, went through comittee, was "architected", etc. in a matter of months.

So, how can you call it organic instead of "fabricated" when the definition of "fabricate" seemingly fits it so much better?

fabricate: : construct, manufacture; specifically : to construct from diverse and usually standardized part

And how is it "vernacular" when it was promulgated in Latin only?
(12-15-2009, 04:32 PM)franklinf Wrote: Carnivore,

On the locked thread you said that the question "Would it be sinful to attend a mass which was blatantly disrespectful to God?" was fallacious and beneath you. Could you please explain why? It is a very simple question and isn't referring to any specific Mass. As Ros. said, it would be helpful to know your answer to frame the discussion.

Also, why the change in opinion on the question? Originally you said you would answer it once I answered your question. I did that, yet now all of a sudden you feel that the question is "beneath" you.
Keep on asking!  Some of you are so hot-and-bothered for me to answer that it's clear that it's a loaded question in your world!  So keep on asking and I'll keep ignoring you!
(12-16-2009, 12:00 AM)Carnivore Wrote:

On the locked thread you said that the question "Would it be sinful to attend a mass which was blatantly disrespectful to God?" was fallacious and beneath you. Could you please explain why? It is a very simple question and isn't referring to any specific Mass. As Ros. said, it would be helpful to know your answer to frame the discussion.

Also, why the change in opinion on the question? Originally you said you would answer it once I answered your question. I did that, yet now all of a sudden you feel that the question is "beneath" you.
Keep on asking!  Some of you are so hot-and-bothered for me to answer that it's clear that it's a loaded question in your world!  So keep on asking and I'll keep ignoring you!

haha
(12-16-2009, 12:00 AM)Carnivore Wrote: Keep on asking!  Some of you are so hot-and-bothered for me to answer that it's clear that it's a loaded question in your world!  So keep on asking and I'll keep ignoring you!

No...it is just a very simple question.

I am actually trying to give you an advantage...
(12-16-2009, 12:00 AM)Carnivore Wrote:

--------------Does anyone know why this guy is here?-------------
like trying to teach a pig to sing...  it wastes your time, and it really annoys the pig.