The Fundamentalist Catholic Flowchart -- a Good Laugh LOL!
I like to refer to the Novus Ordo as the Modern Rite (Gamber's name for it).

And I almost ALWAYS use the word "modern" as a pejorative. :)
I do agree that NOM might be preferable to NO Mass, because some people do use the acronym as a pun, but it's still called the Novus Ordo Mass.
(12-15-2009, 01:26 AM)Benno Wrote: I do agree that NOM might be preferable to NO Mass, because some people do use the acronym as a pun, but it's still called the Novus Ordo Mass.

Nope, sorry, not by the Church.

Yep...by the Church
(12-14-2009, 10:59 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: I offered links to the original contexts.  You keep claiming I am taking them out of context, but I offer the entire context.  You are offering your opinion on what it means and nothing else.  True, it is my opinion, but to say I'm taking it out of context when links to the full contexts are there, and you offer nothing to show the counter, well, it's just rhetoric on your part, not a discussion.

I read the information you linked.  The Pope was talking about the abuses and irregularities that had been committed NOT about the Mass formulation itself.
(12-15-2009, 03:54 AM)Carnivore Wrote:
(12-15-2009, 01:26 AM)Benno Wrote: I do agree that NOM might be preferable to NO Mass, because some people do use the acronym as a pun, but it's still called the Novus Ordo Mass.

Nope, sorry, not by the Church.

But it is called that by the Church. Actually, it is the Novus Ordo Missae (I think that is it actually), but it is what the Church called it.
LOL yes Novus ordo is not the term invented by some trads it actually is the term the church has used. According to the girm and its regurtitations. If carbonbore has a plm with the term he dhould go bugger off and shake hos weak fist at the vatican not us. Further I think NO is too kind I kinda like Protsestant bastard mass I mean service
If the shoe fits
Sip
Seriously Mickey Mouse it was called the Novus Ordo Mass by Paul VI during one of his little audiences. Even JPthe terrible refered to it once in a document. Its what it is called NO Mass is just the abbreviation the abbreviation for you would be BFQ.
(12-15-2009, 03:57 AM)Carnivore Wrote:
(12-14-2009, 10:59 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: I offered links to the original contexts.  You keep claiming I am taking them out of context, but I offer the entire context.  You are offering your opinion on what it means and nothing else.  True, it is my opinion, but to say I'm taking it out of context when links to the full contexts are there, and you offer nothing to show the counter, well, it's just rhetoric on your part, not a discussion.

I read the information you linked.  The Pope was talking about the abuses and irregularities that had been committed NOT about the Mass formulation itself.

That is your opinion, as mine is mine, and I suggested we do some investigation to find out who is right.  In the meantime, stop accusing me of taking them out of context when I've provided the full context.

Back to my question: is the Novus Ordo (or Pauline Mass if you prefer) a fabrication by the very definition of the word?  Yes or no, and qualify it as you desire.
To assist, Princeton's wordnet provides this:

Fabrication:
# a deliberately false or improbable account
# writing in a fictional form
# the act of making something (a product) from raw materials; "the synthesis and fabrication of single crystals"; "an improvement in the manufacture of explosives"; "manufacturing is vital to Great Britain"
# the act of constructing something (as a piece of machinery)
# lying: the deliberate act of deviating from the truth

Bold sections being pertinent, methinks.