Tim Staples the new Director of Apologetics?
I swore I heard Tim Staples and Patrick Coffin discussing on the radio that Tim was the new Director of Apologetics for Catholic Answers, but I can't find anything on there site and when I posted the question on the forum it got removed.

Does anyone know anything about this? Is it true? Why the change? Etc.

Thanks.
(12-02-2009, 12:07 AM)militantsparrow Wrote: I swore I heard Tim Staples and Patrick Coffin discussing on the radio that Tim was the new Director of Apologetics for Catholic Answers, but I can't find anything on there site and when I posted the question on the forum it got removed.

Thanks.

It's not a surprise, they started a couple years ago advertising him as their 'staff apologist.'

I'm not sure what being elevated to 'director' would mean in this regard, since there aren't that many apologists at CA to 'direct.' Seems a lofty title for what, half a dozen people at most at CA specifically engaged in apologetics proper?

He seems a nice enough guy, I've met him a couple times and shared a bite to eat. He and I both have the baptist upbringing and zero tolerance for Protestant heresy.

Would this appointment concern you?

It surprises me a bit because Tim is no-nonsense, and CA seems to waffle on issues of orthodoxy.
(12-02-2009, 12:13 AM)Iuvenalis Wrote:
(12-02-2009, 12:07 AM)militantsparrow Wrote: I swore I heard Tim Staples and Patrick Coffin discussing on the radio that Tim was the new Director of Apologetics for Catholic Answers, but I can't find anything on there site and when I posted the question on the forum it got removed.

Thanks.

It's not a surprise, they started a couple years ago advertising him as their 'staff apologist.'

I'm not sure what being elevated to 'director' would mean in this regard, since there aren't that many apologists at CA to 'direct.' Seems a lofty title for what, half a dozen people at most at CA specifically engaged in apologetics proper?

He seems a nice enough guy, I've met him a couple times and shared a bite to eat. He and I both have the baptist upbringing and zero tolerance for Protestant heresy.

Would this appointment concern you?

It surprises me a bit because Tim is no-nonsense, and CA seems to waffle on issues of orthodoxy.

Oh no. It doesn't concern me. I quite like Tim Staples. I was more curious as to what was happening with Jimmy Akin who was the previous Director.
In case anyone is interested, Karl Keating has responded to the question himself over at the CA Forum.

"Jimmy has not had the freedom to focus on substantial writing projects for a long time. To free himself up, he has relinquished his position as head of our apologetics department. Tim now has assumed that role. Both of them will continue on Catholic Answers Live."

http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.ph...ost6006554
Like I give shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Sip sip