Cardinal says gays can't go to heaven
Non-celibate ones of course...

Man, is he in for it (most likely from members of the USCCB)
http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/art...JjWeXxZmyg
(12-03-2009, 05:47 AM)Iuvenalis Wrote: Non-celibate ones of course...

Man, is he in for it (most likely from members of the USCCB)
"

Homosexuality is therefore a sin, but this does not justify any form of discrimination. God alone has the right to judge," the cardinal said.

"We on earth cannot condemn, and as human beings we all have the same rights."

"Homosexuality is therefore a sin, but this does not justify any form of discrimination..," the cardinal said.

Well, that's rubbish. No form of discrimination at all??? Adoption? Marriage?
(12-03-2009, 06:34 AM)Clare Wrote: "Homosexuality is therefore a sin, but this does not justify any form of discrimination..," the cardinal said.

I just humbly quoted what the article said,

I am Roman Catholic (as it is opposed for the protestants againt the Magisterium) and believe that "Inde verurus est judicare vivos et mortuos" and He and only He is the judge, and He will judge at the end, before that everybody could repent.

One cannot say that some things are evident and undeniable. I meditate often about the Scriptures:

Gen 3:4 And the serpent said to the woman: No, you shall not die the death. 5 For God doth know that in what day soever you shall eat thereof, your eyes shall be opened: and you shall be as Gods, knowing good and evil. 6 And the woman saw that the tree was good to eat, and fair to the eyes, and delightful to behold: and she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave to her husband who did eat.

Eve too thought that the fruit is good to eat, and fair to the eyes, and delightful to behold

She simply failed to comprehend the whole thruth, she picked the part but He liked, and she got deep problems. .

(12-03-2009, 07:31 AM)glgas Wrote:
(12-03-2009, 06:34 AM)Clare Wrote: "Homosexuality is therefore a sin, but this does not justify any form of discrimination..," the cardinal said.

I just humbly quoted what the article said,

Yes, I know. I didn't attritbute that bit of nonsense to you, glgas.  :)

(12-03-2009, 07:59 AM)Clare Wrote: Yes, I know. I didn't attritbute that bit of nonsense to you, glgas.  :)

That is worse. I am nobody, so nothing wrong happens if you despise me, it does not hurt not even me. However, if you despise the Magisterium , what the Cardinal represent, and despise the Creed, which is clear the Jesus is the judge, you are in deep doodoo. There is no (sacramental) life outside of Jesus and the Church.

I born to straight male, I was formed to be homophob by the Church, and I am homophob,. But this is my decision for myself, God shines his sun over them too, so it is not for me to deny their legal rights.  They are responsible for God, not for me, I my stand about the sexuality is strong enough without judging them.
Besides the deep doodooo part
I have no idea what the hell ur saying gigas.
(12-03-2009, 09:00 AM)glgas Wrote:
(12-03-2009, 07:59 AM)Clare Wrote: Yes, I know. I didn't attritbute that bit of nonsense to you, glgas.  :)

That is worse. I am nobody, so nothing wrong happens if you despise me, it does not hurt not even me. However, if you despise the Magisterium , what the Cardinal represent, and despise the Creed, which is clear the Jesus is the judge, you are in deep doodoo. There is no (sacramental) life outside of Jesus and the Church.

I born to straight male, I was formed to be homophob by the Church, and I am homophob,. But this is my decision for myself, God shines his sun over them too, so it is not for me to deny their legal rights.  They are responsible for God, not for me, I my stand about the sexuality is strong enough without judging them.

All I said was the idea that, re homosexuality, "any form of discrimination is unjustifiable" is rubbish. Of course discrimination can be justified. The Church discriminates.
(12-03-2009, 10:24 AM)Clare Wrote: All I said was the idea that, re homosexuality, "any form of discrimination is unjustifiable" is rubbish. Of course discrimination can be justified. The Church discriminates.

We are not angels, so we can comprehend only detailed information. How the Church discriminates?
Wow... the title, and the quote are so COMPLETELY different.
There's a big difference in saying "X is a grave sin; God is the final judge."
and "People who do X are going to hell."