Liver Recipes?
Parla Català?!  Soc un Americà,  i visc als Estats Units, però soc d'herència Catalana.  No ús suficient el Catala així que no el parlo molt bé.

I vostè? Viu a Portugal?
The best chicken livers I've ever eaten came from KFC.
Alas, they stopped selling them years ago.

My way of preparing calf or beef liver is easy. Rinse the blood off the liver. Cut into manageable sizes. flour it. Fry some bacon, then fry some onions in the bacon grease, then fry the liver in what's left of the bacon grease. Mmmmmmm.
Careful not to overcook the liver. Or undercook it for that matter. When the blood rises to the surface, it's time to flip it, just like grilling hamburgers. 
I've never cooked liver. But my Mom and Grandma bread it with flour and egg(after rinsing off any blood) then just fry it along with fried onions.MMM I havent had that in years.
(12-10-2009, 08:03 PM)Texican Wrote: Parla Català?!  Soc un Americà,  i visc als Estats Units, però soc d'herència Catalana.  No ús suficient el Catala així que no el parlo molt bé.

I vostè? Viu a Portugal?

No, en realitat jo no parlo català, encara que estic familiaritzat amb l'idioma. Estic molt millor en espanyol o anglès, però amb una mica d'ajuda del diccionari puc entendre el català també. De fet, he de recórrer al diccionari i un traductor per escriure aquest text senzill. Ja ho sé, és una mica de trampa (::) ), però que facilita als entusiastes mandrós de les llengües com jo!

De tota manera: sí, sóc portuguès i viu a Lisboa. D'on és la teva família a Catalunya? 
Wow, thanks for the recipes! Texican, the tapas look pretty great. I think sufficient amounts of spice, bacon, and/or butter should help me get over my fear of liver.  ;D

Btw, how did you all learn Catalan?? Did your parents speak it at home? It's not a usual second language!
(12-11-2009, 03:32 AM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: No, en realitat jo no parlo català, encara que estic familiaritzat amb l'idioma. Estic molt millor en espanyol o anglès, però amb una mica d'ajuda del diccionari puc entendre el català també. De fet, he de recórrer al diccionari i un traductor per escriure aquest text senzill. Ja ho sé, és una mica de trampa (::) ), però que facilita als entusiastes mandrós de les llengües com jo!

De tota manera: sí, sóc portuguès i viu a Lisboa. D'on és la teva família a Catalunya? 

De veres?  Pense que l'parlava, perquè l'escriu molt bé. 
Però, parla castellano? Jo també. L'aprenentat juntament amb l'anglès. Jo també ús un diccionari, de tant en tant, però estic llegint més en catala, així que espero poder millorar el meu conèixer de l'idioma, ja que també a mi m'agraden molt les diferents llengües.

Part de la meva família és de Vilafranca de Penedès, per mitjà de Mèxic.
(12-11-2009, 09:29 AM)Tinuviel Wrote: Wow, thanks for the recipes! Texican, the tapas look pretty great. I think sufficient amounts of spice, bacon, and/or butter should help me get over my fear of liver.  ;D

Btw, how did you all learn Catalan?? Did your parents speak it at home? It's not a usual second language!

You're welcome!  Try the crispy lemon calf liver recipe - it's great!  Make sure that you soak the liver well, so that you remove all of the blood in it, as that can give it a stronger flavor, and most non-liver eaters don't care for it.

My parents spoke English and Castilian to me.  I learned Catalan by speaking with some Catalans, and picking up what books I could, back when I was trying to learn French.  They didn't speak much English, and they weren't big fans of Castilian, so I taught them some English - they taught me some Catalan, and we both practiced our French, together ( you have to hear French, with a Spanish accent...  :laughing:  ).  We only used Castilian when we had difficulty understanding one another.

Liver recipes...

well...

It's time consuming but...

I usually just pickle mine.

:D :D :D