Anybody have scallop recipes.
Its something I've wanted to try for awhile and am not sure how to cook it. Sure their are recipes online but i'd like some from you guys that know first hand how they taste.
Here I go, talking about food, again...

I've tried this recipe from Allrecipes, and it was excellent over some ( Barilla plus) farfalle, only I made some modifications:  I cut down on the butter and olive oil, and added some white wine, to deglaze the pan and make a reduction, then poured that over the pasta.  I also added some artichoke hearts, as well as some sliced, fire-roasted red peppers, and I used fresh garlic, instead of dried.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/basil-pan-s...etail.aspx

Basil Pan-Seared Scallops over Pasta

Submitted By: Grace
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes

Ready In: 35 Minutes
Servings: 8
"This dish is so easy to make, but tastes like you slaved away in the kitchen. Makes an excellent main course, or add spinach or asparagus to turn it into a meal in itself."
Ingredients:
1 (16 ounce) package farfalle (bow tie) pasta
24 scallops, rinsed and drained
3/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 1/2 teaspoons dried minced garlic

1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons dried basil
9 tablespoons whipped butter
Directions:
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente. Drain, rinse, and transfer to a large serving bowl.
2. Meanwhile, place scallops in a large bowl. In a small bowl, mix together 1/4 cup olive oil, lemon juice, 1 teaspoon garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and the black pepper. Pour mixture over scallops. Arrange scallops in a single layer in a large baking dish or plate. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon dried basil over scallops so that only one side is sparsely coated with basil.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium-high, and melt one tablespoon of butter in the pan. Place 12 scallops basil-side down, and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes until dark golden brown. Turn scallops, and cook the other side. Cook the remaining 12 scallops the same way.
4. In a small saucepan, melt remaining butter with 1/2 cup olive oil, 1 tablespoon basil, 1/2 teaspoon garlic, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
5. Toss pasta with butter and olive oil mixture. Divide pasta onto plates, and top with scallops.
Scallops have a sweet delicate flavor.  When cooked properly they are not rubbery and kind of melt in your mouth. 

Basic Seared Scallops (the best way to eat them, if you ask me...)

10 sea scallops (make sure you don't get any that are torn or gashed)
2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
4 Tablespoons of butter

Place scallops on paper towel to dry them.  Season both sides generously with salt and pepper.  Heat the olive oil in a skillet (I prefer the cast iron variety) over medium high heat.  (Hint:  Add oil to hot pan rather than letting the oil heat up with the pan).  Place the scallops in the pan (arrange them in a circle, laying the first ones at 12 o'clock.  This will help you remember which ones have been in the pan longest).  Sear the scallops for about 90 seconds to 2 minutes.  They should be brown but not burnt.  Turn them over in the order that you laid them in the pan.  Add the butter.  Cook for another 90 seconds to two minutes while basting the top of the scallops with the melted butter.  Remove scallops to a paper towel. 

Serve with pasta, risotto, steak or a salad.

Enjoy!
Thanks guys