Aren't Chick Tracts Wonderful?
(12-12-2009, 08:35 PM)CrusaderKing Wrote: "Bat Boy Found In Cave"

It's true! It was me!
(12-12-2009, 08:35 PM)CrusaderKing Wrote:
(12-12-2009, 02:02 PM)Anastasia Wrote:
(12-12-2009, 12:41 PM)CrusaderKing Wrote: Chick tracts are the Weekly World News of Fundamentalism.
But the great thing about the Weekly World News was that they knew all their headlines were fake, and took pleasure in seeing how outrageous they could make their stories! "Bill catches Hillary with space alien- I thought she was gay says stunned Ex-Prez" ; not even they actually believed the story, but it was funny as anything.
Chick seems to take his stuff seriously.

True, but it's safe to say the same ones who believe the Chick tracts(besides Chick himself) are usually the same ones who believe the old WWN headlines, "Bat Boy Found In Cave" and "Satan's Face Seen in a Cloud of Smoke." 

remember all the news programs showing "Satan's Face Seen in a Cloud of Smoke" emerging from the world trade towers on 9/11?  was that proven to be a photoshop hoax?  i don't think it's been shown since 2001.  i know, i could google, but maybe someone knows and can inform all of us.

Here's some avatars of the "chicklets" over at CARM. Do you think these are funny, too? Do you think it's funny to have the Holy Catholic Church mocked?

[Image: image.php?u=5282&dateline=1257477825&type=thumb]

[Image: image.php?u=25824&dateline=1260412144&type=thumb]

There's a picture of the Eucharist with a demon snake wrapped around it in one of those Chick tracts.

Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
"Chick Tracts" are offensive to say the least, but Catholics who are solid in their Faith (like the majority of people on this board) can find a bit of humor in some of their ridiculous accusations (although there are some, such as the "artwork" that severely slanders Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament, The Blessed Virgin Mary, the Pope, the Saints etc. that I find NO humor in whatsoever!).  The bad thing about these tracts is how widespread they are in the U.S.  Many people in this country have a tendency to believe everything that they read or see on television, which makes these a very dangerous thing indeed.  I would advice destroying them on sight, unless you collect them for a good laugh.  I surely hope that Jack Chick one day sees the error of his ways, because to constantly slander the Body of Christ, His Holy Church, the way that he does will warrant great punishment in hell.  I pray that he sees the light before his time.
There's a certain humor to those tracts. And I can see the appeal in that flavor of Christianity. It sure would be nice to just hit your knees, recite the sinner's prayer, get yourself baptized, and be fixed for eternity.

There is a website with some parodies. Here's a teaser:
[Image: loved_19.gif]
Some of them get pretty offensive, you have been warned.
clearly jack chick is full of  bias himself and error !
:fish:
;D

or, jack chick is full of bias, himself, and error!

i love playing with punctuation.
(12-12-2009, 08:28 PM)Jacafamala Wrote: Chick's tracks belong in the sewer, nowhere else for them. They're pure blasphemy. And people really believe that stuff.  :puke: :puke: :puke:

That's the problem...people eat this  :censored: up with a spoon....they don't know any better.  If somebody writes it down, they think, it must be true.  At least twice a year, I see a letter to editor where someone's ranting about an article they read on The Onion......people don't get it.

Fulton Sheen said, referring to Protestants, that if we believed all the things about the Church that they believe, we'd hate it ten times as much as they do.  We just had a thread here a bit ago about "wackiest things people believe about Catholics" (or some such)....these tracts contribute to that.

I sit next to a lady who's college-educated, very intelligent, and very serious about her Southern Baptist faith.  However, all she knows about Catholicism is what she saw in the "DaVinci Code" movie.  You wouldn't believe some of the weird stuff.....well, maybe you would.
[Image: jackchick.jpg]

Jack's got four fingers pointing right back at him.
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
i see a future for Mr. Chick par excellance of Tony Alamo...teenie boppers and jail...