Aren't Chick Tracts Wonderful?
(12-16-2009, 12:11 PM)AlanF Wrote: I might join this CARM, looks like fun...

What trips them up the worst is when you ask them where the "true Believers" or "real Christians" were directly after biblical times. Where'd they go?!  :laughing: The best they can do is say, "oh, well the popes killed them all.

Sure, sure, sure. They forget or else they don't know that very few people could even read or write back then. A bible would cost more than a peasant could make in a lifetime.  :pazzo: So, who were these "real believers?!?!?!

Protestantism was invented by Luther at the time of the Reformation and Luther would be rolling around in his grave or else doing backflips in hell if he could see CARM now, because Protestantism is so far from what he himself professed.
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
(12-16-2009, 08:58 AM)St.Ambrose Wrote: Yeah,Heaven forbid we say the Our Father or the Hail Mary,but the Jesus prayer? Yeah,by their standards they are committing vein repetitive prayer

Just remember, when Protestants gripe about "vain repetition" and try to justify the complaint with the Bible verse, remind them that they are focusing on the wrong word in that two-word phrase......the problem is not vain repetition but vain repetition.
(12-16-2009, 07:52 PM)Jacafamala Wrote:
(12-16-2009, 12:11 PM)AlanF Wrote: I might join this CARM, looks like fun...

What trips them up the worst is when you ask them where the "true Believers" or "real Christians" were directly after biblical times. Where'd they go?!  :laughing: The best they can do is say, "oh, well the popes killed them all.

Sure, sure, sure. They forget or else they don't know that very few people could even read or write back then. A bible would cost more than a peasant could make in a lifetime.  :pazzo: So, who were these "real believers?!?!?!

Protestantism was invented by Luther at the time of the Reformation and Luther would be rolling around in his grave or else doing backflips in hell if he could see CARM now, because Protestantism is so far from what he himself professed.

I love it when they say the mediæval Church didn't let the laity take the Bible home with them. No, because without the printing press it wouldve taken a monk years to write it all out letter by letter, then there were all the jewels incrusted into them, of course they're bloomin' not going to let them take them home! Books were some of the most valuable things in the world back then.
(12-16-2009, 08:17 PM)DesperatelySeeking Wrote:
(12-16-2009, 08:58 AM)St.Ambrose Wrote: Yeah,Heaven forbid we say the Our Father or the Hail Mary,but the Jesus prayer? Yeah,by their standards they are committing vein repetitive prayer

Just remember, when Protestants gripe about "vain repetition" and try to justify the complaint with the Bible verse, remind them that they are focusing on the wrong word in that two-word phrase......the problem is not vain repetition but vain repetition.
Actually, they mistranslated purposefully to counter the Holy Catholic Church's Liturgy and to counter the Rosary.  The verse specifying "vain repetitions" actually should read "vain babbling," or some similar to that effect.
I thought this thread was about pictures of Catholic hotties (modestly dressed of course).

Crap.