Those who use profanity should be banned.
(12-15-2009, 04:05 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: Tradmaverick is right.
One of the beuties of the tank besies wee melita is that were not phariseees here.
Sip some o that maltise moonshine lass.
Sip

Do you think you will ever learn how to spell......geeessshhh...
Will u?
Sip sip
(12-15-2009, 04:16 PM)Melita Wrote: Believe it or not, people swear here too. It's loathsome, and probably worse than wherever you are, because the more religious a country is, the more the swearing turns to a blasphemous bent (maybe as some kind of pressure release, I don't know the psychology behind it) - anyway, whatever the justification, it isn't valid. Sin is sin.

Ill agree with that, Im from Ireland btw, and yes what was once a very religous country has really taken to using the Holy name in vain as a matter of culture. So yes I agree with you thus far.

(12-15-2009, 04:16 PM)Melita Wrote: I'm telling you that I think profanity is wrong, and not something we should be excusing.

Im not saying its not wrong.....what Im saying is ITS NORMAL, and coming on here on fisheaters, sitting down on a chair and typing on the internet pretending to be holier than one actually is................is the behaviour of Pharisees.........I curse sometimes in the real world......it happens!!! So guess what?? I curse on fisheaters too! Because, guess what?? It happens!! Im not gonna come on FE and pretend im a great Catholic.....cause guess what......im not! Im a real guy living a real world with real problems and the devil, the world and the flesh constantly on the scene, as well as my lovely wife God bless her.... ;)

(12-15-2009, 04:16 PM)Melita Wrote: If we swear, we should try our best not to do it, not just say "oh well, I'll just go to confession. No biggie."

You see thats what ticks me off the most about your responses thus far, youre attributing a point to me that i have not made........ IM NOT BLOODY SAYING THAT!!! So stop typing it!

(12-15-2009, 04:16 PM)Melita Wrote: And as you may have realised, it's not occasional remarks that have made the OP post this (and other topics like it by others) but the slew of such language recently.

Alright Ill admit I dont think nspers langauge in "My Personal Top-10 Reasons Why I Prefer the OF Mass to the EF Mass " are at all appropriate. Theres a big difference between the odd curse and that.

(12-15-2009, 04:16 PM)Melita Wrote: No thanks. I have a drink at celebrations, and sometimes with my Sunday meal.

Seriously??? You need to travel girl.....get to Ireland, that'll learn ya!

Sip sip
LOL
(12-15-2009, 03:53 PM)tradmaverick Wrote: We are all living in the real world here, fact is when we get angry we curse, if we have a few pints of lager or guinness on us we might commit the sin of blasphemy....its reality.....thats why Our Lord instituted the sacrament of confession.

If anything, seeing people use bad language here makes me like this place even more, at least its not full of PHARISEES.

Real people in the real world, trying to become Saints.....

So we curse every now and then....

A total cop out. It is possible to eliminate most cursing in the real world. A curse word might slip out once in a while in real time, but even then, less serious curse words can be used to replace the most serious curse words. While a "damn" might slip out once in a while, there is no excuse for the F word or other serious words. That can be eliminated by every man. No excuse. I have done it.  

Cursing in speech can understood in the heat of the moment sometimes, but there is absolutely no excuse for cursing in writing. That is an abomination and pathetic for any man to use. With writing there is always sufficient time for reason and control to take over. It is unthinkable that one can put cursing into writing.

Sin is never right and never excuse for it.
(12-15-2009, 05:26 PM)SaintRafael Wrote: A total cop out. It is possible to eliminate most cursing in the real world.

Im going to take this occasion to say the word clearly and with full use of my reason (knowing that it is NOT a sin in this case to say it)

B.U.L.L.S.H.I.T
It happens.
Sip
That said real men wpould strive to do better and bitch at pthers or wag ur finger at others for slipping or just stop being so uptight and get over it. Really small patatoes with what I got to deal with daily on real life. If I'd take a fit every time I heard a nasty s ord or f word I'd be in an asylum.
Let it flow let it go.
My o2 anyhooo
Sip
(12-15-2009, 05:29 PM)tradmaverick Wrote: Im going to take this occasion to say the word clearly and with full of my reason (knowing that it is NOT a sin in this case to say it)

B.U.L.L.S.H.I.T

See how easy it is for sin and anger. Does not take much?
That is problem for all men to deal with. It can be oevercome.

I take zero offense by the way.
(12-15-2009, 05:26 PM)SaintRafael Wrote: No excuse. I have done it.  

Well done......*big clap on the back*

:clap:
if you ban the people that swear, you ban all the fun ones! LOL

We are all adults,people can watch their mouths. Ill admit mine is much worse when Im pregnant, ill be a different CC in a couple months, much nicer im sure