Fr. Z sees red and does black deeds against Bishop Williamson
(12-16-2009, 05:15 AM)Dust Wrote: Someday I'm gonna find dirt on you and hang you out to dry... WATCH YOURSELF!!!

... that's basically what you just said.  Or am I reading this wrong?  I don't know what you've got against this priest, but you're making this awfully personal, not to mention uncharitable in a huge way. 

If you consider a misquote "dirt" then yes.  If a misquote is not "dirt" then, no.  I'm simply applying Fr. Z's standard against Bishop Williamson to Fr. Z.  "For with what judgment you judge, you shall be judged: and with what measure you mete, it shall be measured to you again."

There's nothing personal about it at all.  I'm simply pointing out Fr. Z's attacks on Bishop Williamson and commenting on his comments and what they contain or lack.  I don't know what Fr. Z has against Bishop W. but he takes awfully personal swipes at the man and is hugely uncharitable and finally, after a few years of this and taking it directly to him, he's dishonest about the man, his words and the truth of them.  He's a propaganda machine under the guise of an amalgam of a traditional priest and a modern priest.  He's also an internet bully and I have no patience for people who try to bully good people.

But I can only go so far.  I don't claim to have the right to engage in calumny like Fr. Z.   I didn't accuse Fr. Z of sounding like a heretic and misrepresent both the heresy and the priest.  That doesn't stop Fr. Z from doing the same to Bishop W.  

Fr. Z is not stupid, ( he lacks wisdom) and he loses opportunities to really engage the bishop in discussion and argument, but he avoids it when the Bishop is correct and instead of simply ignoring the whole letter because of pride, he attempts to discredit the Bishop personally rather than concede a single point to the Bishop.  So whatever his job is supposed to be, truth is not at the top of the list.  His deck-stacking technique against Bishop W. is proof of that.

I asked Fr. Z on his blog on numerous occasions when he would write nasty things about Bishop W.  to pick up the phone and call him.   To my knowledge he has never done this.  Anyone who knows Bishop W. knows that he would be available to talk to him.  

Messages In This Thread
Re: Fr. Z sees red and does black deeds against Bishop Williamson - by Gerard - 12-16-2009, 09:46 AM