Fr. Z sees red and does black deeds against Bishop Williamson
(12-17-2009, 01:56 AM)Baskerville Wrote: To read Bishop Williamson with suspicion is to read the traditional teachings of the Church with suspicion. In all the things I've read from Bsp W he is firmly in line with trad teachings that go back thousands of years. The same can not be said of Fr. Z who leans modernist.

I believe the clergy that are in love with the Council,  have what I would call a "Prometheus Complex."  It seems like they took every prudent stop in the Council of Trent Catechism where the text ends and the writers say something along the lines of...."meditation on what we've stated will lead to new insights but they are best to not write about."  (I'm paraphrasing)  and they totally blew through all of those warning signs.  

But they seem convinced that traditional Catholicism does not evoke an intimacy with the Divine.  So, they are trying to prepackage in some of the most absurd ways an  experience of God.  It's like they are going to steal  the fire and bring it to Man.  The problem is Prometheus is a myth about a guy who succeeded in stealing from the gods and got severely punished.  These guys are trying to co-opt the real God's revelation of Himself to each of us and horn in on our own relatiionship with Him.  

It all stinks of Karl Rahner if I had to place it on one person's influence.   Pride of intellect with a very weak sense of faith, if anyone has ever read some of his "Prayers for a Lifetime"  you'll see what I mean.    

Messages In This Thread
Re: Fr. Z sees red and does black deeds against Bishop Williamson - by Gerard - 12-17-2009, 02:11 AM