Fr. Z sees red and does black deeds against Bishop Williamson
(12-19-2009, 04:45 PM)sheep101 Wrote:
(12-17-2009, 01:45 AM)Servus_Maria Wrote:
(12-17-2009, 12:58 AM)sheep101 Wrote:
(12-16-2009, 11:21 PM)Servus_Maria Wrote:
(12-16-2009, 01:37 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote: There is nothing wrong with Catholics enjoying good food, wine, or coffee. We are not Puritans. Priests can enjoy these things too.

Just to clarify I didn't mean to be overly offensive about Father when I mentioned his food. I'm just uncomfortable with the idea of a priest eating such expensive food so regularly, even on Fridays and during lent. I'm sure the money and time that went into its preparation could have been better used.

Your attitude about what priests should not do, angers me. It reminds me of when Protestants complain of beautiful churches, though
I admit the comparison is not perfect.

The comparison doesn't work at all. Beautiful churches go to the glory of God and benefit the community by providing a space conductive to prayer. Eating lobster on Friday just totally negates the entire idea of fasting from red meat. Saying that an excess of anything is unhealthy to both our bodies and our souls isn't Puritanism, my friend.

I suppose it was the "holier than thou" attitude from you that I picked up that bothered me. Is it really a big deal if Father decides to have
a nice meal on Friday? Should that even be brought up with all the other significant problems in the church these days? It seems to me that you were actively looking for faults in the good priest, are you an accuser? Picking on Father because he has a nice meal on Fridays is petty.

"I'm sure the money and time that went into its preparation could have been better used."

Acts
Chapter 5

4 Whilst it remained, did it not remain to thee? and after it was sold, was it not in thy power? DR

While it remained unsold, did it not remain yours? And when it was sold, was it not still under your control? Why did you contrive this deed? You have lied not to human beings, but to God." NAB

It was just an observation that irked me. I definitely didn't mean to come off as "holier than thou", I'm sure Father. Z does much more for the glory of God than I.

My apologies.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Fr. Z sees red and does black deeds against Bishop Williamson - by Historian - 12-19-2009, 09:30 PM