Alittle confused here......
(12-19-2009, 02:31 PM)HotRod Wrote: For me, it has been a process, I was always a conservative Catholic, and in time that led me to becoming an EF goer.  I started going to FSSP whenever I could, but I was honestly scared to death of the SSPX.  As I've learned and grown, I'm at the point now where I'd go to SSPX exclusively if I could.  But for now I just go to my Diocesan EF Mass.  Not sure how that is going to sustain itself though, since the average age there is about 80.  I'm only 32, with my wife and 5 kids, we are in the youngest 5% for sure.

Anyway, sometimes I dont like how hard we come down on "neo-con" Catholics here, since that is where I started as well, and I think being a conservative Catholic is a good first step toward Traditionalism.
Alotta people say that...its interesting. My church is pretty big, and the majority are younger to middle aged married couples, and theres a crazy amount of kids and babies
Most of the time I go to a normal Novus Ordo parish.  A good portion of the other time I go to a "reform of the reform" parish.  Either way, I absolutely despise the Missal of Paul VI.

I have never gone to an SSPX chapel.  Yet.
(12-19-2009, 11:14 AM)JonW Wrote: Hey Scipio, what do you mean when you say that the SSPX does full Catechesis?  What's the venue, and what do they teach from?  Do you just mean sermons from the Catechism of the Council of Trent or what? 

Typically they do catechism out of all 4 Baltimores...in sequence as you get older...so kids do 1 and 2...later you do 3 and 4....it's the same info more in depth.....As opposed to RCIA

Now..it has been brought to my attention that some FSSP sites are now doing this as well....this is a great advance....and good news, however, many are still forced by the diocesan structure to send their people to RCIA classes...those use a mix of the new catechism and personal opinion of the instructors

That's all.

UDs first real RCIA class started out    "I'm a feminist and I'm Catholic..."

Well we went back a few times but the flags just kept going off...so we quit

The FSSP at the time here...probably still the case...had to send folks to RCIA...but the priest at the time was a man who wanted to do the right thing   so we told him we were reading the balt cat and he said.."Sounds like your doing what you need to...keep it up and I'll...." so that was that...

Then we moved to the SSPX...we did the same instuction but the priest did not have to hide that he was doing the right thing from the Bishop and we were not just doing self teaching...Father would call UD and test her.

I am sure that different priests run catechism with different books...Trent is a possibility...but the point is that it is trad  and there is no chance of hearing..."I'm a feminist and I'm a Catholic"   or   "we just want you to be the best Baptist you can be"  (We heard that one too.)

And the teaching methode is public...not hidden like you're a thief.

I didn't need cathecism....I already know everything.
(12-19-2009, 02:26 AM)St.Ambrose Wrote: Is everyone here from the SSPX????  ???

The SSPX is a society of priests.  Laymen who assist at masses offered by SSPX priests are in no way members of the society.  I bring this up to make a larger point: that those who hear mass at SSPX chapels are simply Catholics and nothing more.  This division of the laity into diocesan, FSSP (another priestly society), and SSPX is a false one – all who assist at traditional Latin masses use the same missal, follow the same calendar, say the same prayers, and sing the same chants.  All pray for the same pope and are members of the same holy Catholic Church.
(12-20-2009, 12:45 AM)Scipio_a Wrote:
(12-19-2009, 11:14 AM)JonW Wrote: Hey Scipio, what do you mean when you say that the SSPX does full Catechesis?  What's the venue, and what do they teach from?  Do you just mean sermons from the Catechism of the Council of Trent or what? 

Typically they do catechism out of all 4 Baltimores...in sequence as you get older...so kids do 1 and 2...later you do 3 and 4....it's the same info more in depth.....As opposed to RCIA

Now..it has been brought to my attention that some FSSP sites are now doing this as well....this is a great advance....and good news, however, many are still forced by the diocesan structure to send their people to RCIA classes...those use a mix of the new catechism and personal opinion of the instructors

That's all.

UDs first real RCIA class started out    "I'm a feminist and I'm Catholic..."

Well we went back a few times but the flags just kept going off...so we quit

The FSSP at the time here...probably still the case...had to send folks to RCIA...but the priest at the time was a man who wanted to do the right thing   so we told him we were reading the balt cat and he said.."Sounds like your doing what you need to...keep it up and I'll...." so that was that...

Then we moved to the SSPX...we did the same instuction but the priest did not have to hide that he was doing the right thing from the Bishop and we were not just doing self teaching...Father would call UD and test her.

I am sure that different priests run catechism with different books...Trent is a possibility...but the point is that it is trad  and there is no chance of hearing..."I'm a feminist and I'm a Catholic"   or   "we just want you to be the best Baptist you can be"  (We heard that one too.)

And the teaching methode is public...not hidden like you're a thief.

I didn't need cathecism....I already know everything.

That does sound great, and very much superior to a diocesan RCIA.  When I converted I attended RCIA at a rather liberal parish (well, the congregation was mostly liberal anyway, and they were the ones in charge, which was very sad).  One time a serious convert from Lutheranism asked the group "teaching"  the RCIA what a Catholic had to believe to be a Catholic in good standing.  Nobody could answer him.  It was really pitiful.  He never came back either. 
I've never been to an SSPX mass, but I support most of what I hear about them and think they are a blessing for the church.

CC you've done it again :laughing::
(12-19-2009, 10:56 AM)CanadianCatholic Wrote: wrong group of crazies, your thinking sedes maybe
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: