Are things getting better or worse in the Church?
(12-26-2009, 11:48 PM)DrBombay Wrote:
(12-26-2009, 11:42 PM)Baskerville Wrote:
(12-26-2009, 11:35 PM)DrBombay Wrote: I'd like to know when in Church history all the priests have been saints who always said Mass reverently and never deviated from the rubrics, when all the bishops were completely docilely obedient to the Pope, when all the lay faithful knew their faith and always lived it perfectly in their daily lives?

The Church has been in crisis since Day 1.  To think otherwise is naivete....usually charming in a child, sometimes in a woman, never in a man. Some historical perspective would be refreshing.

So you think that there is no more of a crisis in the Church now then in 1959 :pazzo:

Please don't feed me that idealized version of 1950s Catholicism.  That's a load of crap.  All the bishops and priests that caused such havoc in the Church in the 60s and 70s grew up attending the traditional Mass and were trained in "traditional" seminaries, many of which would put even the SSPX to shame since all the classes were taught in Latin.  Don't confuse external observance with strong faith.  Sometimes the two are mutually exclusive.

I was just picking a date before the council how about this sometime in Dec 1911 will that be better. Do you honestly think things were as bad then. And you knew what I meant by saying 1959 dont be cute.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Are things getting better or worse in the Church? - by Baskerville - 12-27-2009, 12:05 AM