Randy Engel's book Rite of sodomy
(01-04-2010, 11:48 PM)CrusaderKing Wrote:
(01-04-2010, 10:14 PM)Michael_G Wrote:
(01-04-2010, 07:50 PM)artificial person Wrote: I do not have a preoccupation. I started this thread to see what others knew about Randy Engel and her book which seems to confirm that the hierarchy is riddled with homosexuals including popes. This being confirmed, the next obvious question is , what do we do about it.
You still have not explained why we have to do something "about it".  Why is a pope, bishop, priest or layman with a homosexual disposition, and the will and grace to be chaste, a problem?

A Traditionalist priest I know put it this way in one of his articles:

" Theologically, a priesthood that would permit  the admission of homosexuals would distort the spousal relationship between the priest and the Church. The priest, as an alter Christus, is configured to the Bride of Christ in the same manner as our Lord. Homosexual men, who have no inclination to the Sacrament of Marriage, can have no analogous relationship within the Sacrament of Holy Orders to the Church. Having no proclivity  toward a wife and a fecund relationship within marriage, they will have little or no affinity with the Church as  mother-nor themselves as "Father."

I guess this concerns only the chaste homosexuals. Of course the active ones theoretically must be automatically excluded from the priesthood, isn't it?
Well said, anyway.
Chaste homosexuals must be excluded from the priesthood.
(01-04-2010, 10:14 PM)Michael_G Wrote: You still have not explained why we have to do something "about it".  Why is a pope, bishop, priest or layman with a homosexual disposition, and the will and grace to be chaste, a problem?
It was widely rumored that he wasn't chaste.  I believe he was caught in the act when he was archbishop of Milan.
(01-05-2010, 08:37 AM)maso Wrote:
(01-04-2010, 11:48 PM)CrusaderKing Wrote:
(01-04-2010, 10:14 PM)Michael_G Wrote:
(01-04-2010, 07:50 PM)artificial person Wrote: I do not have a preoccupation. I started this thread to see what others knew about Randy Engel and her book which seems to confirm that the hierarchy is riddled with homosexuals including popes. This being confirmed, the next obvious question is , what do we do about it.
You still have not explained why we have to do something "about it".  Why is a pope, bishop, priest or layman with a homosexual disposition, and the will and grace to be chaste, a problem?

A Traditionalist priest I know put it this way in one of his articles:

" Theologically, a priesthood that would permit  the admission of homosexuals would distort the spousal relationship between the priest and the Church. The priest, as an alter Christus, is configured to the Bride of Christ in the same manner as our Lord. Homosexual men, who have no inclination to the Sacrament of Marriage, can have no analogous relationship within the Sacrament of Holy Orders to the Church. Having no proclivity  toward a wife and a fecund relationship within marriage, they will have little or no affinity with the Church as  mother-nor themselves as "Father."

I guess this concerns only the chaste homosexuals. Of course the active ones theoretically must be automatically excluded from the priesthood, isn't it?
Well said, anyway.

I don't think homosexuals are all the same. I think there are possibly a small percentage that are women trapped in men's bodies, a very unfortunate and difficult scenario for the individuals. Then there are others who did not bond properly with their fathers and this longing for paternal effection begins to manifest in attraction to men. I would say (and im no expert) that these folk could still desire a normal relationship with a woman but are at the same time plagued with the inordered attraction to men. The sad thing is that a lot of these young men are vulnerable and they get recruited by older men and when they get into the "gay" lifestyle their entire being is corrupted. Then we have some just plain sickos. I tend to think a large portion of the second group could be cured to some degree under the right circumstances. Though I have some sympathy for these people I don't think they belong in the priesthood.
Women traped in a mans body
Lol
No lad
There r no women trapped in mens bodies. No no. But there is such a thing as a trad trapped tn a modernist church
(01-05-2010, 09:36 AM)ggreg Wrote:
(01-04-2010, 10:14 PM)Michael_G Wrote: You still have not explained why we have to do something "about it".  Why is a pope, bishop, priest or layman with a homosexual disposition, and the will and grace to be chaste, a problem?
It was widely rumored that he wasn't chaste.  I believe he was caught in the act when he was archbishop of Milan.

According to Randy Engel, he was caught by the police in a gay brothel of Milan when he was archbp.
Later he had a lover named Paolo Carlini, a movies actor who could enter the Pope's private appartments in the Vatican at every time. Some even dared to say he chose the name of Paul VI from this man's first name. I prefer to believe this is only a slander.
Are the chaste men among the homosexually oriented  people a majority or a minority?
Engel in the interview said that the idea that the homosexuals are chaste is wishful thinking. She compared promiscuity rates among homosexuals to those of heterosexual people saying they were off the charts. According to her depraved behavior is the norm among homosexuals.
(01-05-2010, 09:49 AM)devotedknuckles Wrote: Women traped in a mans body
Lol
No lad
There r no women trapped in mens bodies. No no. But there is such a thing as a trad trapped tn a modernist church

Don't you mean a trad wannabe?  Real Trads use the door and don't come back.  For most urbanites there are enough Tridentine masses to attend.  For those who live in the boonies it is harder.
(01-05-2010, 05:51 PM)artificial person Wrote: Engel in the interview said that the idea that the homosexuals are chaste is wishful thinking. She compared promiscuity rates among homosexuals to those of heterosexual people saying they were off the charts. According to her depraved behavior is the norm among homosexuals.

I remember hearing once that among a certain amount of homosexuals interviewed, something like 93% reported having over 100% sexual partners, and around 60% reported having over 1000 partners.  While we really can't know whether chastity or promiscuity is the majority, we can know that for those who choose the promiscuous route, they usually throw themselves off that cliff head first.
(01-05-2010, 06:11 PM)Melkite Wrote:
(01-05-2010, 05:51 PM)artificial person Wrote: Engel in the interview said that the idea that the homosexuals are chaste is wishful thinking. She compared promiscuity rates among homosexuals to those of heterosexual people saying they were off the charts. According to her depraved behavior is the norm among homosexuals.

I remember hearing once that among a certain amount of homosexuals interviewed, something like 93% reported having over 100% sexual partners, and around 60% reported having over 1000 partners.  While we really can't know whether chastity or promiscuity is the majority, we can know that for those who choose the promiscuous route, they usually throw themselves off that cliff head first.

There was a great article in New Oxford Review along these lines back in '06. It's 'paywalled' now, but if anyone has a login it's worth a read:
http://www.newoxfordreview.org/article.jsp?did=0206-lee