Randy Engel's book Rite of sodomy
(01-04-2010, 04:30 PM)Michael_G Wrote:
(01-02-2010, 12:29 AM)artificial person Wrote: The homosexual priest we had at out high school was militantly anti abortion.
You suspect that this priest was homosexual.  How do you know?  If you can be sure he was homosexual, was that just his orientation or do you know that he engaged in sexual acts with other men?  I see you have another thread on "Lay Inquisitors" at http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...684.0.html.  I find your preoccupation strange.  Once again, may I ask:  do you accept the Church's distinction between a homosexual orientation, which is innocent, and homosexual acts which are sinful?

For my part, I reckon that the current distinction made by the Church between homosexual orientation and homosexual acts is extremely suspicious and risky and I don't accept it.
It is suspicious and risky because it tends to teach and make us believe that an homosexual orientation is normal and comparable to an heterosexual one while it is not: The priests afflicted with such an orientation are prone to attract, favour and surround themselves with similarly oriented people among them some may be (even unknowingly) active homosexuals who may lead them into temptation. And I absolutely reject the commonly spreaded idea that the paedophilia in no way can be linked to homosexuality. If not why such an ovewhelming number of boys among the abused kids?

Once a man has fallen in the trap of this vice everybody knows how difficult it is to escape from it.
There was a time when the Church handled the issue much more prudently than today. There were instructions to detect and reject homosexually oriented men from the seminaries.
See the Fifth Lateran Council [1512-1517] decree: ""Let any member of the clergy caught in that vice against nature . . . be removed from the clerical order or forced to do penance in a monastery (chap. 4, X, V, 31). “So that the contagion of such a grave offense may not advance with greater audacity, taking advantage of impunity, which is the greatest incitement to sin, and so as to more severely punish the clerics who are guilty of this nefarious crime and who are not frightened by the death of their souls, We determine that they should be handed over to the secular authority, which enforces civil law. Therefore, wishing to pursue with the greatest rigor that which We have decreed since the beginning of Our Pontificate, We establish that any priest or member of the clergy, either secular or regular, who commits such an execrable crime, by force of the present law be deprived of every clerical privilege, of every post, dignity and ecclesiastical benefit, and having been degraded by an ecclesiastical judge, be immediately delivered to the secular authority to be executed as mandated by law, according to the appropriate punishment for laymen plunged in this abyss.”

Messages In This Thread
Re: Randy Engel's book Rite of sodomy - by Gerard - 12-26-2009, 10:52 AM
Re: Randy Engel's book Rite of sodomy - by maso - 12-26-2009, 06:55 PM
Re: Randy Engel's book Rite of sodomy - by ggreg - 12-26-2009, 06:58 PM
Re: Randy Engel's book Rite of sodomy - by Walty - 12-30-2009, 12:36 AM
Re: Randy Engel's book Rite of sodomy - by maso - 12-30-2009, 03:26 PM
Re: Randy Engel's book Rite of sodomy - by maso - 12-30-2009, 03:29 PM
Re: Randy Engel's book Rite of sodomy - by ggreg - 12-30-2009, 11:57 PM
Re: Randy Engel's book Rite of sodomy - by maso - 12-31-2009, 03:51 PM
Re: Randy Engel's book Rite of sodomy - by ggreg - 01-01-2010, 12:51 AM
Re: Randy Engel's book Rite of sodomy - by maso - 01-04-2010, 07:02 PM
Re: Randy Engel's book Rite of sodomy - by maso - 01-05-2010, 08:37 AM