Do you do fondue?
No
(12-29-2009, 04:27 AM)Jacafamala Wrote: Inpefess, what kind of fondue do you do on Christmas Eve?

Well, we're going to do a chicken/beef/shrimp deal with a few different dipping sauces and a chocolate fondue for dessert. I'm really looking forward to it.

I go to a restaurant called The Melting Pot every Christmas Eve. If you have never heard of the restaurant, here is a link:

http://www.meltingpot.com/

The Melting Pot at Easton (Columbus, Ohio) is underground with dim lighting and privacy walls separating each booth. The ends of the booths connect around the table so you can sit next to whomever you are with while being able to see each other at the same time. I always finish up with chocolate fondue.

:eats:
Fondue's okay but I draw the line at quiche.
(12-29-2009, 04:07 PM)Texican Wrote: How many fondue pots do you have?  I've never had fondue - I'll have to try it, one of these days.

Well, now I have two.

Plus a free standing electric stove top burner (what are they called?) So, put a pot on that and it can be used for fondue.

So it's enough for my family.
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
(12-29-2009, 04:26 PM)INPEFESS Wrote:
(12-29-2009, 04:27 AM)Jacafamala Wrote: Inpefess, what kind of fondue do you do on Christmas Eve?

Well, we're going to do a chicken/beef/shrimp deal with a few different dipping sauces and a chocolate fondue for dessert. I'm really looking forward to it.

I go to a restaurant called The Melting Pot every Christmas Eve. If you have never heard of the restaurant, here is a link:

The Melting Pot at Easton (Columbus, Ohio) is underground with dim lighting and privacy walls separating each booth. The ends of the booths connect around the table so you can sit next to whomever you are with while being able to see each other at the same time. I always finish up with chocolate fondue.

Yes I have their cookbook. I've never been to the restaurant. Apparently the Melting Pots is a chain?
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
(12-26-2009, 01:55 PM)Jacafamala Wrote: Do you do fondue, too?

I don't.

... but I'm aimin' to.

:)
(12-30-2009, 05:30 AM)Jacafamala Wrote:

Yes I have their cookbook. I've never been to the restaurant. Apparently the Melting Pots is a chain?

Yes, it is, so far as I am aware. I didn't know they had a cookbook.

As a side note, I just purchased a fondue pot (with eight fondue forks) for my sister's birthday (she loves chocolate). Now I have to get it in the mail ASAP so it will be in Georgia before her birthday.
(12-30-2009, 04:57 PM)INPEFESS Wrote:
(12-30-2009, 05:30 AM)Jacafamala Wrote:

Yes, it is, so far as I am aware. I didn't know they had a cookbook.

As a side note, I just purchased a fondue pot (with eight fondue forks) for my sister's birthday (she loves chocolate). Now I have to get it in the mail ASAP so it will be in Georgia before her birthday.
That's a very lovely gift.

I got a phone call from my mom who told me to put on the Martha Stewart Show. My mother watches Martha Stewart.  The owner of that restuarant was on this afternoon making cheese fondue in Martha's kitchen. What a blast.   :laughing: What are the odds he'd be on right TV after we've been talking about his chin and cookbook?
Where's WRC?  He might like this - once in the dorm we made fondue with a hotpot, a jar of cheeze whiz, chopsticks, and tomatoes/apples/grapes/bread from the dining hall.  We had a Charles Aznavour album, some sweaters with reindeer, and a big box of Swiss Miss with the little marshmallows.  It was fine until that boy showed up and tried to spike the cheese sauce.
(12-30-2009, 07:47 PM)Magnificat Wrote: Where's WRC?  He might like this - once in the dorm we made fondue with a hotpot, a jar of cheeze whiz, chopsticks, and tomatoes/apples/grapes/bread from the dining hall.   We had a Charles Aznavour album, some sweaters with reindeer, and a big box of Swiss Miss with the little marshmallows.  It was fine until that boy showed up and tried to spike the cheese sauce.

:rofl:

when are you inviting me to go over to your house and play?