New GIRM?
I can see the people who defend the NO Religion are upset by me and others on this forum exposing why the NO Mass is nothing but a protestant worship service that the Catholics should avoid at all cost.

Can anyone tell me one Catholic Church that has been built since VII that actually looks Catholic? I can't. All the new churches I have been in to look like protestant shopping malls or protestant chapels. Well, let me correct that...the SSPX has some real Catholic looking chapels.

It just goes to show you...what was it one of the Saints said...When you find a group of Catholics holding onto tradition, there you will find the Catholic Church. I know that wasn't the exact quote but it was something similar.

(12-28-2009, 02:45 PM)Petertherock Wrote: I can see the people who defend the NO Religion are upset by me and others on this forum exposing why the NO Mass is nothing but a protestant worship service that the Catholics should avoid at all cost.
The deficiencies of the NO are not doubted; the uncharitable remarks about Popes, Cardinals, Priests and other people are. We know exactly how you feel about the Bishops when you called them all "homo". Denying the Eucharist in the mass, whatever approved rite it is in, is contrary to the teachings of the Church. It does one no good to accept all traditions and practices of the Church but to deny the Body and Blood of Christ.

Quote:Can anyone tell me one Catholic Church that has been built since VII that actually looks Catholic? I can't. All the new churches I have been in to look like protestant shopping malls or protestant chapels. Well, let me correct that...the SSPX has some real Catholic looking chapels.
The new chapel at the NO parish I attend at the moment is very traditional looking.
(12-28-2009, 02:45 PM)Petertherock Wrote: Can anyone tell me one Catholic Church that has been built since VII that actually looks Catholic? I can't. All the new churches I have been in to look like protestant shopping malls or protestant chapels.

Since you asked, my parish church was built in 1987 in an English Gothic revival style. However, it is "Anglican use" so it's not unexpected: http://atonementonline.com/tour.php
(12-28-2009, 03:34 PM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote:
(12-28-2009, 02:45 PM)Petertherock Wrote: Can anyone tell me one Catholic Church that has been built since VII that actually looks Catholic? I can't. All the new churches I have been in to look like protestant shopping malls or protestant chapels.

Since you asked, my parish church was built in 1987 in an English Gothic revival style. However, it is "Anglican use" so it's not unexpected: http://atonementonline.com/tour.php

I don't know what "Anglican use" is but Anglican is not Catholic. But it's still a nice Church.

(12-28-2009, 03:39 PM)Petertherock Wrote: I don't know what "Anglican use" is but Anglican is not Catholic. But it's still a nice Church.

Anglican means "of England". It isn't Catholic, but neither are Gothic, Latin and other adjectives.

All you need to know is that in this case, it is a Catholic Church. It is only found in the Americas (maybe the USA, I don't know).
As for kneelers, our priest told us that up until the middle ages Catholics were forbidden to kneel on Sundays because kneeling was associated with service. In fact servants would kneel before their master and the master would put his foot on them as a sign of power. It wasn't until the middle ages that people started kneeling at Mass.

Additional: During the early Church it was an honor to be able to "stand before our God" so people stood instead of knelt.

(12-28-2009, 03:39 PM)Petertherock Wrote: I don't know what "Anglican use" is but Anglican is not Catholic. But it's still a nice Church.

"Anglican use" refers to the permission of the Holy See to allow certain churches made up of Anglican converts to use edited editions of the Book of Common Prayer in the liturgy. I thought you might have known something about it since Anglicanorum Coetibus was discussed so much last month. Even so, the parish not only describes itself as Catholic, but as Roman Catholic, i.e. still part of the western rite, in addition to being in communion with Rome.
Around here at any rate, most of the NO churches built in the last 5 years or so are very traditionally designed. I was surprised. I thought it would take much longer for church architecture to go back to normal again. I'm racking my brains to think of the architect's name, but you should look at his work:  the new church for TAC in California. Anyone remember? He used to run the Notre Dame School of Architecture's Traditional Church design contest every year. Arrrgh, now it's going to drive me crazy!
(12-28-2009, 03:43 PM)Petertherock Wrote: As for kneelers, our priest told us that up until the middle ages Catholics were forbidden to kneel on Sundays because kneeling was associated with service. In fact servants would kneel before their master and the master would put his foot on them as a sign of power. It wasn't until the middle ages that people started kneeling at Mass.

That's absurd. Though if the eastern practice is any guide, it's probably true that kneeling didn't become quite so synonymous with (western) Catholic practice until much later in history. The development of feudalism may have played a small part in this, though for the opposite reasons your pastor described. In the age of antiquity, servitude (i.e. slavery) was a sorry state of life. But in a way, medieval feudalism, with the influence of Christianity, helped sanctify gestures of submission. The best way to explain it would be that feeling you get if you consider it an honour to kneel before your king or whatever. Another example might be how the highest-ranking nobles of the kingdoms fought for the right to do things like serve the king's dinner or hold the bowl to wash his hands.
Petertherock Wrote:I can see the people who defend the NO Religion are upset by me and others on this forum exposing why the NO Mass is nothing but a protestant worship service that the Catholics should avoid at all cost.

Oh please. You made a fatuous connection between the liturgical reforms of the last century and a pooch wandering into a church. 

Quote:Can anyone tell me one Catholic Church that has been built since VII that actually looks Catholic?

Sure.

Mother Angelica’s Shrine of the Most Blessed Sacrament: http://www.motherangelica.excerptsofinri...rament.jpg

The Chapel of Divine Mercy, built by the Father’s of Mercy: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/co...terior.JPG

The Shrine of the Divine Mercy, backed by Fr. Anthony Bus’s St. Stanislaus Kostka parish, will by quite “traditional” looking when it is finally built (it will also feature the world’s largest monstrance): http://www.amothersplea.org/sdm_architectural_plans.php

Quote:All the new churches I have been in to look like protestant shopping malls

What is a Protestant shopping mall? Do you mean “mega-churches?” If so, where are these Catholic mega-churches located?

Quote: I don't know what "Anglican use" is but Anglican is not Catholic.

You are incorrect. The Anglican Use most definitely is Catholic. A simple StartPage search would have cleared this up.