Aren't you glad?
(12-28-2009, 09:07 PM)Ravenonthecross Wrote:
(12-28-2009, 11:33 AM)Credo Wrote: [quote='Rosarium']Like the sinking of the Maine, 9/11, .
You do realize that the Main sunk as result of some genius putting the engine and boiler rooms next to the artillery cache? No wonder it blew up!

yes, but we 'needed' a war with spain so we could take over cuba and the philippines, so william randolph hearst's papers made a big story out of the sinking of the maine 'by the spanish.' 

president taft's wife especially wanted to 'Christianize' the Filipinos.  you know, the little brown people who'd been devoutly Catholic for about 400 years.  Crazy

Meh, I always get singled out for "special" screening. 
(12-29-2009, 04:14 PM)Texican Wrote: Meh, I always get singled out for "special" screening. 

Just be thankful you don't share a name with a man on an IRA watch-list...
It's an easy mistake to make though I suppose. I'm 18, 5ft tall with curly brown hair. This fellas 40, 6ft tall with blond hair.

(12-29-2009, 04:31 PM)BrevisVir55 Wrote: Just be thankful you don't share a name with a man on an IRA watch-list...

Yeah, I suppose, but I must share a name with somebody, because it never fails that I get pulled aside.  I was removing my shoes years ago, before it was standard practice; pulled film out of cameras, etc. 

Maybe it's just me...
(12-29-2009, 05:37 PM)Texican Wrote:
(12-29-2009, 04:31 PM)BrevisVir55 Wrote: Just be thankful you don't share a name with a man on an IRA watch-list...

Yeah, I suppose, but I must share a name with somebody, because it never fails that I get pulled aside.  I was removing my shoes years ago, before it was standard practice; pulled film out of cameras, etc. 

Maybe it's just me...

Undoubtedly it is.  Just you I mean.

I wouldn't trust you as far as I can throw you and I shouldn't be throwing anyone with my bad knee.
(12-28-2009, 10:53 AM)ResiduumRevertetur Wrote: I once had to dash to the airport directly after Mass. I still had my long skirt and headcovering on. They pulled me out quick for an extra search, the kind where you stand over some kind of machine, dunno, really exactly what it did, but it was humiliating. They told me it was because of the way I looked. I wanted to say, You pulled me out for being Catholic? Seriously? But I didn't. I was cooperative. He seemed like a nice guy just doing his job.

... and he gave you an extra search?

ResRev, can I see you in private for a second? I need to explain something to you....
(12-30-2009, 08:02 PM)libby Wrote:
(12-28-2009, 10:53 AM)ResiduumRevertetur Wrote: I once had to dash to the airport directly after Mass. I still had my long skirt and headcovering on. They pulled me out quick for an extra search, the kind where you stand over some kind of machine, dunno, really exactly what it did, but it was humiliating. They told me it was because of the way I looked. I wanted to say, You pulled me out for being Catholic? Seriously? But I didn't. I was cooperative. He seemed like a nice guy just doing his job.

... and he gave you an extra search?

ResRev, can I see you in private for a second? I need to explain something to you....
LOL
(12-28-2009, 11:33 AM)Credo Wrote:
Rosarium Wrote:a guy with Arabic writing on a shirt, they let someone with a Muslim name, easily detectable explosives of TWO kinds get on board.

Like the sinking of the Maine, 9/11, the Mumbai attacks last Christmas, and the Ft. Hood shootings this past Fall, it will probably be found out that this guy was duped into this supposed attack by American intelligence.

Oh, yeah, absolutely.  They tricked him right after faking the moon landing and right before the annual Christmas trip to party with the aliens at Area 51.  Everybody knows that.
I just got back from a long trip which included flying...

TSA is so unpredictable...

I had to take out of my purse anything that you were able to pour, squeeze out, etc.  So I just dumped my whole purse out...but this wasn't requested at EVERY check point.

WHAT?

Then, I saw a poor guy having to explain his brace or whatever was put in his back. that kept setting of the metal detection.