Two Cardinals to offer Pontifical High Masses
(12-28-2009, 04:51 PM)Resurrexi Wrote:
(12-28-2009, 04:35 PM)Petertherock Wrote: I believe Cardinal Hoyos is the best possible option to succeed Pope Benedict when God forbid, the time comes.

According to paddypower.com, the top five papabili right now are Cardinal Angelo Scola, Cardinal Oscar Rodriguez Maradiaga, Count Christoph von Schoenborn, Jorge Mario Bergoglio, and Cardinal Tarcisio Bertone.

I believe Jorge Mario Cardinal Bergoglio was in contention at the last conclave.  He was the choice of the Abbé de Nantes.  None of the other four mentioned "papabilis" are worth their salt.  They're modernists or bordering on modernism.

(12-28-2009, 11:22 PM)Vincentius Wrote: I believe Jorge Mario Cardinal Bergoglio was in contention at the last conclave.  He was the choice of the Abbé de Nantes.   None of the other four mentioned "papabilis" are worth their salt.  They're modernists or bordering on modernism.

I was under the impression that Cardinal Bergoglio was a Modernist himself, since he was reported to have been the rival to Ratzinger in the last conclave, and had the Modernists voting for him contra Ratzinger.

Who is Abbé de Nantes? I have not heard of him.
Pray for Arch. Ranjith and Arch. Burke to be made cardinals.
(12-28-2009, 08:13 PM)winoblue1 Wrote: Bertone is totally against Fatima, so I don't look forward to him succeeding.

Ugh I forgot about that. So i guess from that list none looks too good for sure as heck not Balloon Mass Schoenborn.
Cardinal Pell would make a very good pope actually. Very smart and friendly to tradition.
In the next Holy Conclave I will vote for H.E. Cipriani from Peru. Could be the best pope.
(12-29-2009, 09:05 AM)Fortunatus Wrote: In the next Holy Conclave I will vote for H.E. Cipriani from Peru. Could be the best pope.

You have a seat at the conclave, Your Eminence?
(12-28-2009, 11:37 PM)SaintRafael Wrote:
(12-28-2009, 11:22 PM)Vincentius Wrote: I believe Jorge Mario Cardinal Bergoglio was in contention at the last conclave.  He was the choice of the Abbé de Nantes.   None of the other four mentioned "papabilis" are worth their salt.  They're modernists or bordering on modernism.

I was under the impression that Cardinal Bergoglio was a Modernist himself, since he was reported to have been the rival to Ratzinger in the last conclave, and had the Modernists voting for him contra Ratzinger.

Who is Abbé de Nantes? I have not heard of him.

SInce the Abbé de Nantes is a traditionalist he wouldn't promote a modernist or recommend him (via personal opinion of course).  From what I have read, Bergoglio lives like a simple priest instead of a Prince of the Church (which a Cardinal is).  He owns no car (uses public transportation), no bishop palace for him but a simple apartment, etc.  I'm not too sure about all this since very little is written about this Cardinal.

Abbé de Nantes is one of the very firsts among the peritis in Vatican II to protest and later to hurl accusations of heresy against Popes Paul VI and JP II.  His accusations have never been answered and he was placed under interdict and suspended a divinis..  He has a website:  http://www.crc-internet.org
(12-28-2009, 09:39 PM)SaintRafael Wrote: The only man I would like to see be made Pope is Archbishop Ranjith. Ranjith should have been prefect of the CDW, but the Modernists ran him out of town and is now a bishop in his native Sri Lanka. Ranjith sholude get a red hat. That would put him on the path.

Seconded.

Aside: I'm surprised that the Williamsonolotor Gerard hasn't yet suggested His Excellency.
(12-29-2009, 10:04 AM)Vincentius Wrote: SInce the Abbé de Nantes is a traditionalist he wouldn't promote a modernist or recommend him (via personal opinion of course).   From what I have read, Bergoglio lives like a simple priest instead of a Prince of the Church (which a Cardinal is).  He owns no car (uses public transportation), no bishop palace for him but a simple apartment, etc.  I'm not too sure about all this since very little is written about this Cardinal.
Abbé de Nantes is one of the very firsts among the peritis in Vatican II to protest and later to hurl accusations of heresy against Popes Paul VI and JP II.  His accusations have never been answered and he was placed under interdict and suspended a divinis..  He has a website:  http://www.crc-internet.org

Read the article on Cardinal  Bergoglio. He is impressive from what little is known. More information would need to be gathered about him.

Abbé de Nantes is a very impressive priest in his own right. His books and criticisms seem to be dead on and very courageous. My only disagreement with him would be his views on the SSPX. They do have canonical defenses for what they do. He is a bit misguided about false obedience. His way might not not be the most effective, but he is part of the resistance.