Austin Catholics?
I will be there!  :)
Did any Austin folks get to attend? It was a wonderful Solemn High Mass. My first, actually. Amazing.

And by the way, here is a bit I found on youtube about the Transalpines:

The fellow at 11:42 I am certain was one of the priests who concelebrated the Mass.

(Edit: forget to mention this Mass was concelebrated by several Fraternity and Transalpine priests)
I went,  :) and I am deeply happy to have found out that this is a regular weekly Latin Mass, not just the special event I thought it was.  I didn't stay around for coffee, but I hope to be attending regularly. It is actually within walking distance (if you are an old AT hiker like me *LOL* ) and also on a single bus hop from my home.

I could not fully understand the sermon because of the acoustics and my own hearing problems, but I will experiment with sitting in different spots until I find the right place to get all the words.  I surprised myself with how much of the Latin I remember from way back in seventh & eighth grades, the last time I attended Latin Mass!
Also, it is fantastic that you have the Latin Mass regularly in beautiful St. Mary's Cathedral. We are not as lucky in San Antonio.
In Austin too.  Go to St. Mary's Cathedral.  Attending RCIA with my wife and oldest daughter, Dcn Vince is teaching.  The other 3 kids are in RCIC.  I have been Trad Minded from day one.  Praying that the new Bishop is a good one!
(01-26-2010, 11:36 PM)angryirishman Wrote: In Austin too.  Go to St. Mary's Cathedral.  Attending RCIA with my wife and oldest daughter, Dcn Vince is teaching.  The other 3 kids are in RCIC.  I have been Trad Minded from day one.  Praying that the new Bishop is a good one!

Likewise!  I have been going there just since New Year's, but I think I will make it my home parish. I had been occasionally attending St Austin's over by the college, which has a very nicely performed Mass, but I did not feel like it was a real parish, besides that it was all N-O (although a very traditional styled one). I guess it is the college atmosphere or something that made it seem touristy.

Hey, I'm gonna be in Austin next week Mon-Fri (but Fri I'll be flying out).

Anyone wanna meet up?

Booze and/or dinner is on me!
You'll be here during the week? Our Cathedral has daily noon Masses that are fairly conservative OF as well as two daily morning Masses early,  6:30 & 7:15.  It's in the center of Austin and near the UT campus, and there are also Masses available on campus at the St Austin's church "on the drag" at 8:00 in the morning.

There's any number of lovely coffeehouses & restaurants all around this area, one of the perks of being in a good college town.
You never know what you'll get with the St Austin's 8 am mass.  When I went last time on the Feast of the Immaculate Conception, the priest openly complained that the new pastor made them follow the lectionary.

The cathedral also has confession form 11am-noon every weekday.