Mon. 28 Dec, Feast of the Holy Innocents
please pray for all babies who have died under the age of two years, from the time of herod to the millions now legally aborted every year.   

many in the tank have lost babies as well, so please remember them, too.

:pray2: :pray2: :pray2: :pray2: :pray2: :pray2: :pray2: :pray2: :pray2: :pray2: :pray2: :pray2: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

also --

remember that today is the day to begin the Epiphany novena, which Cindy posted.  i'll find it and put a link to it here in a minute.

http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...510.0.html

pax

check out the page at the main FE site about this feast, also known as Childermass.
thanks, Vox, for making this wonderful site.

just wish i'd known it was traditional to have raspberry sauce today.  :eats: 
:pray: :pray:
i.p.i. Wrote:check out the page at the main FE site about this feast, also known as Childermass.
thanks, Vox, for making this wonderful site.

just wish i'd known it was traditional to have raspberry sauce today.   :eats: 
don't worry; you'll have it in paradise with the Lord's Littles.

O Holy Innocents, who died for Christ's sake, save the unborn from the great evil of abortion and from the greatest evil of godlessness and so merit for them holy Baptism.
This is a very important day and it's not been given enough attention in recent years, especially in light of the scourge of profuse and rampant abortions happening just everywhere. :pray2:
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
I've always had a devotion to the Holy Innocents, the first to die because of Christ.  I just can't imagine what that horrible day must have been like.

Thank you, i.p.i., for remembering those of us who have lost unborn babies.  Last year I had a miscarriage right after Christmas and it looked like that would be happening again this Christmas.  Happily, I got to see the little one's heartbeat, which is a good sign but my doctor says that we're "not out of the woods yet".

Prayers for all unborn babies.  :pray2:
(12-29-2009, 10:00 AM)GraceSeeker Wrote: I've always had a devotion to the Holy Innocents, the first to die because of Christ.  I just can't imagine what that horrible day must have been like.

Thank you, i.p.i., for remembering those of us who have lost unborn babies.  Last year I had a miscarriage right after Christmas and it looked like that would be happening again this Christmas.  Happily, I got to see the little one's heartbeat, which is a good sign but my doctor says that we're "not out of the woods yet".

Prayers for all unborn babies.   :pray2:

if you ever get to siena, italy, go in the pinacoteca [painting museum] on the campo [a sort of piazza] and there's a particularly effective painting there of the massacre of the holy innocents.  not pleasant to contemplate but should not offend Catholics who don't shy away from realistic depictions of Christ's wounds.  i'll never forget that painting of that horrible day.

i am so sorry for your lost little one but know that he or she is with all the others, happy in limbo or heaven.  i will pray for this little one to be cooing happily in your arms sometime in 2010.

(12-29-2009, 08:11 AM)Jacafamala Wrote: This is a very important day and it's not been given enough attention in recent years, especially in light of the scourge of profuse and rampant abortions happening just everywhere. :pray2:

i agree.  hope you read GodFirst's prayer above, it says it very well.