Leftover turkey recipes, and while we're at it, leftover dressing recipes, too.
I recently learned that I dislike leftover pork shoulder roast just as much as I dislike leftover turkey...in fact, I think I dislike it even more (if that's possible).  Scipio made it just the other night, and it was great.  He pulled it apart and put it in a bag in the fridge.  Yesterday I took some out for lunch, but just one bite and I was disgusted.  Our 6yo asked for some for breakfast this morning, and I nearly gagged just thinking about it.  I tried really hard not to smell it or touch it as I forked it out of the container--gross!

I completely blame my mother for my attitude toward leftovers.  She would not eat them when I was young, but would serve up anything and everything leftover to us kids.  She'd even serve up unidentifiable leftovers to dad...but never to the poodle (her dog).  I'm pretty sure she's like this b/c my grandmother did the same to her (and it probably goes way back on that side).  I like certain types of leftovers...pasta, sometimes pizza, pretty much anything with pasta or tomato sauce really...I do not like leftover meat at all.

So, what on earth can one do with leftover pork roast to make it palatable to a "leftovers Grinch?"  I was thinking maybe add bbq sauce and serve on a roll...but there's a lot left over and I don't want to eat bbq pork (which is my least favorite bbq--Texans prefer beef Sticking tongue out at you  ) for days on end...help...
Found some leftover turkey in the freezer, mixed it with barbecue sauce, topped with mozzarella, and had pizza. 

For the pork, I'd advise something like that with part of it, and maybe use some to make fried rice?  That would mix things up a bit.  We also like hash--chop potatoes and onions, and cook all together in a skillet. You could do it in some oil if you want it crispy, or add a little water/broth.  Or add taco spices and any other taco stuff you like (refried beans, salsa), roll in flour tortillas, and bake.  Brush them with egg if you want them all crispy. You can even make a white roux with cheese and a few tablespoons of taco sauce to spoon over them. 
Sorry, can't modify my posts...getting an error message. 

You could also find a shepherd's pie recipe and substitute that for the meat.  We do that a lot when we have leftover roasts.
(01-30-2010, 12:53 PM)Underdog Wrote: So, what on earth can one do with leftover pork roast to make it palatable to a "leftovers Grinch?"  I was thinking maybe add bbq sauce and serve on a roll...but there's a lot left over and I don't want to eat bbq pork (which is my least favorite bbq--Texans prefer beef Sticking tongue out at you  ) for days on end...help...

Put it in a sealable container, then give it to Scipio to take with him to work.  Sticking tongue out at you

Or you can mix it with some refried beans, some onions, peppers, and them make some burritos. 

Make it into some hash with some potatoes, then toss a couple of fried eggs over it, and serve. 

make some chili with it.

...and yes, beef is best. Wink