The Eucharistic Priest Fr. John A. Hardon SJ (+12-30-00)
Vincentius,

How did I never know you had a website? And that it was so good!!
(12-31-2009, 11:31 AM)Vincentius Wrote: Gerard, I "lifted" the work exactly as type-set.  The typo must have been Fr. Hardon's, or whoever set it for publication.  Glaring error I know but I didn't want to call attention to it.  This work is found in the Fr. Hardon archives ("The Real Presence Org.").

ADDED:  Checking a bit further, I believe the typo was made by PONTIFICAL GREGORIAN UNIVERSITY (FACULTY OF THEOLOGY).which put out the publication. 

It's actually quite a common error apparently. And made often by european non-native English speakers...

From: http://slb-ltsu.hull.ac.uk/awe/index.php...(spelling)
Quote:No such word as comparitive is listed in OED. The correct spelling is always comparative. This is despite the (correct) spelling of comparison.
The variation between the spellings of comparative and comparison is due to the routes by which they entered the language. Comparative is a direct use of a Latin word; comparison came into English via French. The French had already altered the spelling to indicate their own pronunciation, as comparaison.
(01-03-2010, 05:17 AM)Iuvenalis Wrote: Vincentius,

How did I never know you had a website? And that it was so good!!

Thanks!  However, I am beside myself because some changes were made by my host/ISP that I cannot update or publish new material.  If you have noticed, my last upload was in October.  I am trying to resolve the problem but it is taking some time.