Saints: Who do you like and how do you relate?
St. Philip Neri. People need to understand that humor has its place in holiness. Even if one is forbidden from laughter as a personal discipline (like certain monastic orders), God still uses laughter in others. Philip Neri new this all too well, and was a prankster because of it.

St. Dominic, for too many reasons.

St. Kiaran, also for too many reasons.

St. Peter the Apostle. I relate to his experiences in the gospels more than any other literary or historical character I have come across.
St Aloysius Gonzaga because he is the model of students and youth (that's me floating about in a horribly liberal college) and those discerning to be in the religious life and religious. I really love the fact that he had an incredible interior life and died of a martyrdom of love, due to the fact that he couldn't love God as much as He deserved. I say his litany everyday and have a devotion to him after reading an autobiography of him. I took his name, along with St Dominic and St Anne, as my confirmation names

St Alphonsus Liguori because i love his works, especially the True Spouse of Jesus Christ. He is in charge of helping me find a religious order =D He took a vow never to waste time!

St Francis Borgia due to his amazing humility and renouncement of worldy riches to follow God.

St Peter Julian Eymard with his awesome love for our Eucharistic Lord in the tabernacle. He helped me gain a deeper devotion to the Blessed Sacrament.

ALL of my favourite patron saints are male, with the possible exception of St Teresa of Avila. I relate to men better =p
So many saints, so little time! 

When Ste Therese answers a prayer, she includes a rose. did you know that?

I have been praying to get through unemployment. I need more training to be certified as a CNA.

Today when I said my rosary I addressed some of my thoughts to Ste Therese as well. On my way home from an appointment I saw a small agency and on impulse went in to inquire, and had a good first meeting.

Only when I got home did I realize Ste Therese marked  it with a rose, because the name of the agency is "Rosy  Home Health Care"!

(12-30-2009, 09:43 PM)littlerose Wrote: So many saints, so little time! 

When Ste Therese answers a prayer, she includes a rose. did you know that?

I have been praying to get through unemployment. I need more training to be certified as a CNA.

Today when I said my rosary I addressed some of my thoughts to Ste Therese as well. On my way home from an appointment I saw a small agency and on impulse went in to inquire, and had a good first meeting.

Only when I got home did I realize Ste Therese marked  it with a rose, because the name of the agency is "Rosy  Home Health Care"!

That's cool. I hope it works out. Funny you should mention that because in my younger days I used to pray to St. Therese to help me with jobs too. She was my career agent for many years.

- Lisa
Our Blessed Mother and Good St. Joseph, of course, but outside of that my favorite male saint is John the Evangelist, and favorite female saint is Joan of Arc
(12-30-2009, 09:07 PM)Baskerville Wrote: St Francis of Assisi because I love animals.
St Thomas More because of his courage in the face of heresy and his staying true to the Church though it cost him his life for disobeying the King "I am the Kings good servant but Gods First" He could have saved his life by signing a little piece of paper but he was so devoted to the Church he preferred to loose his head than betray his conscience.
St Edmund of East Anglia fought against the vikings and was captured by them and shot full of arrows
St Edmund Campion
St Padre Pio because he was awesome.

How have they helped me in uncountable ways. St Thomas More helps me stay true to the Church in its current crisis.

I'm with you, Baskerville. I especially love St. Edmund Campion and St. Padre Pio.
Which Saints do I like? Why, the Carmelite ones, of course. :)

[Image: teresa3b.jpg]

http://carmelnet.org/galleries/Saints/Li...isting.htm
St. Hubert and St. Kevin

I have a degree in wildlife biology and have always been an outdoorsman.
St. Francis of Assisi -  love of Church, devotion to Eucharist, honour for priesthood, patron of environment.  I'm a secular Franciscan
St. Anthony of Padua - first Franciscan theologian - my patron I took on joining order
St. Francis de Sales - author of Introduction to the Devout Life, one of my favorite devotional works
St Jane Frances de Chantal -  mother of large family, my namesake
St. Thomas More - involved in educating his children - patron of our family's homeschooling
St. Thomas Aquinas - patron of universities and students 
St. Noel Chabanel - Canadian martyr,  to all appearances a failure who did not use his natural abilities
The Archangels: Michael, Gabriel, Raphael (and Uriel, who has some place in Catholic tradition)

As well as Sts. Stephen, Athanasius, Augustine, Benedict, Maximilian Kolbe, Maria Goretti, Christopher, etc.