Saints: Who do you like and how do you relate?
St. John Baptist de Rossi  - My namesake, his feast coincides with my birthday. The saint of the poor, the abandoned and the needy. He spent many hours every day in hearing the confessions of the illiterate and the poor whom he sought in the hospitals and in their homes. He preached to such five and six times a day in churches, chapels, convents, hospitals, barracks, and prison cells, so that he became the apostle of the abandoned, a second Philip Neri, a hunter of souls.

St. Alphonsus Liguori - His teatrises on morals speak directly to your soul. I've grown to love him bit by bit. A great doctor of the Church.

St. Thomas Aquinas - Needless to say: Ite ad Thomam!

St. Robert Bellarmine - Another great doctor of the Church. His refutation of Protestantism and his intellectual soundness is truly inspiring. He dealt well with the Galileo case, in my opinion.

St. Rita of Cascia - Patron saint of the impossible causes. Very dear to me. She's also one of my grandmother's favorite saints.

St. Francis Xavier - Probably my favorite saint! He was the greatest missionary of the Church since St. Paul himself. An example and and inspiration for all missionaries, especially for our ecumenical times of silent apostasy. Love of God, love of Truth, uncompromising zeal and charity. What a man!, what a servant of God!, what a Jesuit!, when the Jesuits were still one of the greatest orders in the Church.

St. Francis, pray for us!
(12-30-2009, 09:54 PM)NonSumDignus Wrote: Our Blessed Mother and Good St. Joseph, of course, but outside of that my favorite male saint is John the Evangelist, and favorite female saint is Joan of Arc

Oh, of course! How could I forget my beloved Jeanne d'Arc?  I wonder if women in the military think of her?

There's a movie in netflix I need to put in my queue, thank you for reminding me....
(12-31-2009, 12:02 AM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: St. Francis Xavier - Probably my favorite saint! He was the greatest missionary of the Church since St. Paul himself. An example and and inspiration for all missionaries, especially for our ecumenical times of silent apostasy. Love of God, love of Truth, uncompromising zeal and charity. What a man!, what a servant of God!, what a Jesuit!, when the Jesuits were still one of the greatest orders in the Church.

The NO Church I go to is named after him its Jesuit. One Sunday the Provincial was there talking about how great his trip was too the Holy land to see " where our brothers in faith the Jews live and where Gods Prophet Mohommad ascended to heaven and where Jesus was"(said almost as an after thought) and right above the Pulpit is this huge mural of St Francis Xavier looking down on the Provincial it was creepy. :laughing:
(12-31-2009, 12:17 AM)Baskerville Wrote: The NO Church I go to...our brothers in faith the Jews...Gods Prophet Mohommad

There's two reasons more why you should avoid the NO Church at all costs.

Get out of there!
St. Augustine: I am always reading his works or works about him and even have a small day to day booklet I bought with daily prayers and quotes taken from his works which I read everyday. He is my patron saint and I see him as my mentor in the Catholic faith.

St. Thomas Aquinas: Very much like St. Augustine, albeit to a lesser degree.

Both doctors have been a huge and positive influence to me and have been the main forces that lead me to see the truth, beauty and rationality behind the Catholic faith.
St. James the Moorslayer & King St. Ferdinand III - Patrons of Spain
St. Turibius of Mongrovejo - Patron of the town of Mayorga in the state of Valladolid, Spain. This being where a large portion of my family can be traced back to.
St. Francis de Sales - The true gentleman Priest with such a treasury of literary works.
St. Joseph - A devotion to him has helped my spiritual life tremendously.
St. John Chrysostom - A saint whose unabashed and dauntless manner of dealing with idolaters and nonbelievers is severely needed in this day and age.
St. Benedict - His intercession is greatly treasured by my family and me.
St. Camillus de Lellis - His intercession has greatly helped my mother and I when various ailments have arisen.

... and many others!

In Corde Regis,
Joshua

(12-31-2009, 12:17 AM)Baskerville Wrote:
(12-31-2009, 12:02 AM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: St. Francis Xavier - Probably my favorite saint! He was the greatest missionary of the Church since St. Paul himself. An example and and inspiration for all missionaries, especially for our ecumenical times of silent apostasy. Love of God, love of Truth, uncompromising zeal and charity. What a man!, what a servant of God!, what a Jesuit!, when the Jesuits were still one of the greatest orders in the Church.

The NO Church I go to is named after him its Jesuit. One Sunday the Provincial was there talking about how great his trip was too the Holy land to see " where our brothers in faith the Jews live and where Gods Prophet Mohommad ascended to heaven and where Jesus was"(said almost as an after thought) and right above the Pulpit is this huge mural of St Francis Xavier looking down on the Provincial it was creepy. :laughing:
That makes me think of the Christmas song "Happy HanuRamaKwanzMas":

:jester:
(12-31-2009, 12:19 AM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(12-31-2009, 12:17 AM)Baskerville Wrote: The NO Church I go to...our brothers in faith the Jews...Gods Prophet Mohommad

There's two reasons more why you should avoid the NO Church at all costs.

Get out of there!

Yeah that happened like two years ago I dont go there much anymore. This summer I was stuck going to a super modernist UFO style Church where the Priest didnt even elevate the host. I have had to go to St Francis Xavier Church its the more conservative NO in our area because my car is a piece of crap and i cant make it out to the SSPX very often unless I can get a ride from my Dad. After the new year here though I'll have enough dough saved up to get a "new" used car so I can go to the TLM every week.
(12-31-2009, 02:08 AM)littlerose Wrote:
(12-31-2009, 12:17 AM)Baskerville Wrote:

That makes me think of the Christmas song "Happy HanuRamaKwanzMas":

:jester:
:laughing:
Let's of the Saints, besides, Our Blessed Lady :D, some of my favourites are:

St. Francis De Sales, what kind, and extremely gentle saint! :)

Pope St. Callixtus I, a very good example of how God can turn one's life around.

St. Philip Neri, for his humour and laughter!

Pope St. Pius V for his piety; and for his strong reform of Catholic discipline and re-invigouration of Catholic fervour and his simplicity as Pope.

And St. John the Baptist for his fierce and unabashed proclamation of our Lord Jesus the true Messias' coming; particularly in his proclamation: "Do Penance, For the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand!"