Fr De Cock supports homosexuality.

well he would, wouldn't he? :laughing:

maybe somebody else already said that, but i just had to.  sorry.

of course he just as easily could be hetero or ac/dc, and, Deo volente, he's celibate.  i think i'd change my name, though.  unfortunate name for anybody to have, especially a priest.  jaime sin made cardinal and that was amusing but i can't imagine a cardinal de cock.

unless it's pronounced de koh, like cockburn is pronounced kohburn.

now i'll see what jokes everyone else already made …

(01-01-2010, 08:42 AM)glgas Wrote:

None of us will be better denouncing others. It may be comforting to say:

Luke 18:11 ... O God, I give thee thanks that I am not as the rest of men, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, as also is this publican. 12 I fast twice in a week: I give tithes of all that I possess

but not this is the way.

correct except that the Church teaches that homosexual acts are sinful, as are fornication and adultery for heterosexuals.  we're not to hate homosexuals or adulterers but not to approve their actions, either, so i don't think we're sinning by questioning whether this dissertation topic is at all appropriate.

and mostly we're just joking about his name and its, er, relevance to his dissertation topic.  i don't think that's detraction or slander.  i doubt any of us would insult him about his name if we met him.  i once had a boss whose last name was Crapps and nobody ever insulted him about it because he literally wouldn't have taken any crap off anybody.  but we couldn't help joking a bit about his name in private.  i'm sure having such a name makes you learn to be tough very young.  people can't help laughing at funny names, even if they don't have sexual connotations.

Either tough or obsessed.
(01-01-2010, 12:20 PM)Baskerville Wrote:
(01-01-2010, 12:15 PM)Scipio_a Wrote: I bet his moon landings aren't faked.

Ohhhh Man thats so darn wrong. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :rofl:

That's not funny.
(01-02-2010, 01:10 AM)INPEFESS Wrote:

That's not funny.
Oh yes it is! have a sense of Ha Ha, buddy...
(01-02-2010, 01:10 AM)INPEFESS Wrote:

That's not funny.

Well it isnt funny in the sense that he's a Catholic Priest who most likely judging by his doctorate thesis is a butt munch but you have to laugh at this stuff now and then or youll go crazy, at least I have too. :villagepeeps:
(01-02-2010, 01:43 AM)Baskerville Wrote: you have to laugh at this stuff now and then or youll go crazy,
That goes for most stressful situations.  Keep up your sense of humor, folks!!!
Blue humor is good for taverns, never in Church, and in small amounts on FE.  I think we've had enough in this thread.

While humor might make this a bit more tolerable, and I hate being a wet blanket,  it really is a disgrace for a priest to talk like this - and get a degree with it on top of it!  If his name hadn't been "De Cock" I suspect there would be more outrage and less humor.

He needs to be defrocked, not graduated.  On top of it, he is leading homosexuals who may be struggling to be chaste and faithful to Christ into thinking it's OK to toss aside their Crosses and act on their inclinations.  This is disaster for human souls.  He is a mouthpiece for the devil in a very real way.

Really, De Cock needs to be cut off - er, from his priestly ministry.

Sorry, I couldn't resist....  But, really, that's enough in this thread.  :fish: