'De-gassing' beans?
Beans, beans, the magical fruit...
(01-03-2010, 11:05 PM)matthew_talbot Wrote: Beans, beans, the magical fruit...
musical fruit.

Beans, beans, they are good for your heart....

I would like to point out that they are not automatic flatulence tickets. I can eat raw cabbage and not-so-well cooked beans with no problems at all, yet something with a little milk in it will.
(01-03-2010, 11:19 PM)Rosarium Wrote:

Beans, beans, they are good for your heart....

I would like to point out that they are not automatic flatulence tickets. I can eat raw cabbage and not-so-well cooked beans with no problems at all, yet something with a little milk in it will.

That was very informative. Thank you.
(01-03-2010, 11:17 PM)Iuvenalis Wrote:
musical fruit.

It is magical too.

I have found that if you eat something else with the beans (or whatever is the problem) may help as well.
(01-03-2010, 11:17 PM)Iuvenalis Wrote:
musical fruit.

Depends on how you learned the "lyrics" as a child..In your region it was "musical."...In ours it was "magical..."
(01-01-2010, 04:13 PM)Rosarium Wrote:
(01-01-2010, 04:11 PM)Iuvenalis Wrote: Anyone have a method of de-gassing bean soup or any bean dish?

I've heard variously vinegar (an acid) or baking soda (a base) as additives to bean dishes, chilis, etc so they don't cause gas.  Those two are obviously direct contradictions to each other.

Anyone heard of or know anything about this?

Besides proper preparation, this is not much you can do. A healthy digestive track could handle them easily if they are cooked properly.

You say that now, but you're still a kid. The expression old fart wasn't for nothing you know.
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
(01-04-2010, 06:43 AM)Jacafamala Wrote:
(01-01-2010, 04:11 PM)Iuvenalis Wrote: Anyone have a method of de-gassing bean soup or any bean dish?

I've heard variously vinegar (an acid) or baking soda (a base) as additives to bean dishes, chilis, etc so they don't cause gas.  Those two are obviously direct contradictions to each other.

Besides proper preparation, this is not much you can do. A healthy digestive track could handle them easily if they are cooked properly.

You say that now, but you're still a kid. The expression old fart wasn't for nothing you know.

I said "healthy digestive track". Naturally, as health declines, so will certain abilities.
(01-04-2010, 12:52 PM)Rosarium Wrote:
(01-04-2010, 06:43 AM)Jacafamala Wrote:

I said "healthy digestive track". Naturally, as health declines, so will certain abilities.
Toot, toot.  :fart:
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
Eating de-gassified beans would be like drinking lite beer.