Catholic Answers is suddenly more trad-friendly
(01-02-2010, 03:37 PM)glgas Wrote:
(01-02-2010, 02:29 PM)Felicitas Wrote: That seems to include being able to criticize the modern Church openly and to defend the SSPX - both within reason - without fear of getting shut down or banned. There are multiple threads up there now on these topics.

I understand the point of defend the SSPX, but what is the point of criticize openly the modern Church?  Exactly this is what the enemies of the Church want: distraction within the Church.

Well, that's kind of interesting.  We defend the SSPX because they do criticize openly the modern Church, and they do so for good reason.

What the enemies want is for us to shut up, sit down, and take Communion in the hand from an EMHC so they can continue promoting their nonsense.  No thanks.  Canon Law says the faithful have a right to make their needs known to their pastors.  Fine.  I need the TLM and an end to the nonsense, and I'll use my rights under Canon Law to make that known.

Stop the insanity.

Sorry...couldn't help myself (didn't want to)...besides you knew it was coming
(01-08-2010, 08:43 AM)Scipio_a Wrote: Sorry...couldn't help myself (didn't want to)...besides you knew it was coming

I was wondering if anyone would catch the reference...
(01-02-2010, 04:33 PM)Nic Wrote:
(01-02-2010, 03:37 PM)glgas Wrote:
(01-02-2010, 02:29 PM)Felicitas Wrote: That seems to include being able to criticize the modern Church openly and to defend the SSPX - both within reason - without fear of getting shut down or banned. There are multiple threads up there now on these topics.

I understand the point of defend the SSPX, but what is the point of criticize openly the modern Church?  Exactly this is what the enemies of the Church want: distraction within the Church.

Unfortunately, many of the "enemies of the Church" that you speak of exist in the actual confines of the Church herself.  The Church, as far as her human element is concerned, is lost these days.  The Church as far as her divine element is concerned can never be lost, and shall never lead astray - BUT, those human beings who operate within her confines can and ARE leading many astray, by abusing what her divine element truly teaches, and these are the true enemies of the Church.  The Roman Catholic Church will not become as she should until what people call "Traditional Catholicism" is completely reestablished, and that means the abolition of the Novus Ordo Mass and either the nulling and voiding of Vatican II or the complete overhaul of its texts.

(01-08-2010, 03:41 AM)Iuvenalis Wrote:
(01-08-2010, 12:24 AM)DrBombay Wrote: Stay away from Catholic Answers.  Tis a den of wickedness, brood of vipers and what-not.  The Deposit of Faith does not reside in San Diego, California.

Although they do have some lovely beaches.   :tiphat:

Actually quite a few trads there.

Hey I'm there, trying to make the world a happier and more special place.  :love: :poppy:
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.

OK, disrespectful and maybe a wee bit sacreligious, but funny....do I have to go to confession for laughing at that?  :laughing:
Yes, I know. Very disrespectful..., but extremely funny too. I couldn't help laughing quite hard  :laughing:
Same here.  Yes, it is very disrespectful and inappropriate considering Darth Vader was supposed to resemble evil incarnate.  Unfortunately, I, too, found it funny.

I think I'd better remove it...