Iranian Prez Congratulated Pope on Christ's Birthday ........
(01-04-2010, 09:20 AM)glgas Wrote:
(01-03-2010, 08:10 PM)alaric Wrote: I don't understand this gesture, according to the Western Media, this guy is Satan himself or the reincarnation of Hitler.

There is a Hungarian proverb: The owl says to the sparrow: You have too big head.
You have to be blind not to see what's going on here between Iran and the Western Press.......

According to a Perisan proverb;

" A blind person who sees is better than a seeing person who is blind. "
(01-03-2010, 10:56 PM)Credo Wrote: Ahmadinejad's an alright guy. He is better than anyone the "Christian" West has running the show, that's for sure. Ahmadinejad isn't playing ball with the New World Order, and for that he is hated.

Yeah, I'm sure he's tons o' fun down at the corner bar, and all that, but I'm not sure I'm ready to start exchanging Christmas cards with him.

In God we trust - everybody else, let me see your hands..
An old Mafia proverb is "he is the kinda guy who when you shake his hand, you better count your fingers afterword.
tim
Iran has it's problems with corruption like any other democracy. So I wouldn't hold it up as the golden example of a good middle-eastern/south Asian country (is there such a thing currently?). But I do see the double standard our media and elite have toward it. They are not any more evil than the US, perhaps even less evil.
Ahmadinejad is alright, as far as a muslim can be alright.

Perhaps he's a bit like Saladin.
I'm no particular fan of this guy but I haven't seen anything that convinces me that he is any worse than other world leaders, including our own.  While acknowledging his faults, I would have to say he has been demonized by us because we always have to have "another Hitler" on the horizon to justify our next war.  Of course, having a powerful Jewish lobby in this country that incessantly beats the war drums against him doesn't help matters.
(01-04-2010, 01:03 PM)tflinn Wrote: I'm no particular fan of this guy but I haven't seen anything that convinces me that he is any worse than other world leaders, including our own.   While acknowledging his faults, I would have to say he has been demonized by us because we always have to have "another Hitler" on the horizon to justify our next war.  Of course, having a powerful Jewish lobby in this country that incessantly beats the war drums against him doesn't help matters.
I think people make that more than it is, sure there's no doubt that AIIPAC is the most powerful lobby in Washington, but this isn't about 'jews", it's about money.

Iran has the biggest population of Jews than any other nation in that part of the world other than Israel, they're not exactly living in concentration camps, as a matter of fact, they're living pretty good from what I hear. Ahemedinijad has more of a beef with the State of Israel and it's corporate friends in the West, or should I say their beef with him, is really about Big Oil and the flow of it, you can see what's going on there. How many countries are we going to invade over there that are not threatening us in any way but have huge oil reserves and pipelines for access to it. It's a chess game, one by one their seizing the refineries and gov'ts who control them and surrounding Iran who is a major player and a stumbling block for the total dominance of the world's oil flow.

Israel has no oil, so they jump on with the West because the Arabs/Muslims will never really trust them or their business "tactics". The Saudis play both ends because they have the largest cash and oil flow and are the homeland of the desert prophet, if the Banksters and Zionists try to seize it, a billion muzzies worldwide go apesh*t and they don't really want that. they want a "bad guy", they want another Saddam so the muzzies won't feel this is a "holy war" against Islam.

The problem here is, or what I see for the oil criminals is, Iran has probably been cutting deals with the Russians and/or some other Eastern European countries and even some of the former Soviet bloc nations around them as well. Maybe even China or India, the former being much more deadlier than the latter. If the West/Israel makes a move on the Persians and these other countires commit,especially Russia, this thing could break wide open. and if it doesn't go nuclear(which I don't believe it will, unless Israel itself is attacked) then a very costly, long drawn out war with the U.S. really providing most of the material,troops and money, would just about break what's left of it's(U.S.) economy it has left now.

I think we are buying our time, building up in Afghanistan(Because it's Iran they're really threatening, not the "taliban") and waiting to see just where the Iranians stand and who their friends are. I believe when the time is right, if they see a weakness when troop strength is at it's peak in Afghanistan, they will strike, probably because of some "terrorist" attack somewhere in the states by some "Iranians".

that is one scenario.
(01-04-2010, 12:29 PM)WanderingPenitent Wrote: Iran has it's problems with corruption like any other democracy. So I wouldn't hold it up as the golden example of a good middle-eastern/south Asian country (is there such a thing currently?). But I do see the double standard our media and elite have toward it. They are not any more evil than the US, perhaps even less evil.

I have some admiration for Jordan and King Abdullah. I also don't think Ahmadinejad is anywhere near as evil as the western media paints him.

"all monotheists" would include Jews…  wasn't he supposed to have said he wanted Israelis driven into the sea or Israel wiped off the face of the world?  or was that just lots of other Muslim leaders?  it's hard to keep straight all that the media tells us we must fear.
Yes, I should clarify that his beef is with the "state of Israel" rather than "Jews" in general, and it was the state of Israel lobby I was referring to.  He is rumored to have said that Israel should be wiped off the map or something of that sort, but, not being proficient in his native tongue, I am relying on western translators for that.  Perhaps that isn't what he said at all.  But if it was, so what?  A lot of Muslim leaders say that kind of thing.  How many nukes does Israel have now?  If he wants to try to wipe Israel off the face of the earth let him have at it.  I am sure Israel can take care of itself.  We certainly don't need to be starting a war with Iran or offering knee-jerk support for Israel in the event those two start mixing it up.