Epiphany moved to Jan 3?
holy chalk?
(01-04-2010, 12:48 AM)Deusdark Wrote: holy chalk?
ditto?
(01-04-2010, 12:06 AM)DrBombay Wrote: You're still allowed to go to Mass on January 6th you know, regardless of what the "conciliar church" is doing.

Just throwing that out there.   :tiphat:

Oh I know Doc I intend to I was just wondering if this was a moveable feast or if my Bishop was up to his crazy feast moving ways again. I swear with the guy we have now if it was permissible he'd move Christmas to the nearest Sunday. Our last Bishop Morlino had us celebrating all the feasts when they fell and now this clown Changed all that. Also this caused a rift over Christmas decorations, My parents took all their stuff down today and I didnt get a last chance to look at  their tree and all the other neat stuff. :laughing:
(01-04-2010, 12:50 AM)CanadianCatholic Wrote:
ditto?

Its for writing the new year and C M B on your house.
(01-04-2010, 12:50 AM)CanadianCatholic Wrote:
ditto?
Blessed, not 'holy.'   :laughing:

http://romanmiscellany.blogspot.com/2007...chalk.html

and right here!: http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...598.0.html
(01-03-2010, 10:52 PM)Credo Wrote: Yes, at least in the United States the Epiphany is today (Sunday).

Only in the ordinary form.
Resurrexi Wrote:Only in the ordinary form.

This is true. Yet it's the Ordinary Form which most Latin Rite believers are used to the world over, and so the preference is to reference that kalendar.
When they  deformed the calendar in the  late 60 s early  70 this is one of the many loony changes the church change  along with ordinary time sundays too please the hertics.
Regarding the chalk - this is an Eastern European custom.  My parents grew up in a heavily Polish area in PA.  My father, as an altar boy, would accompany the priest from house to house as he blessed the house and applied the letters "K M B" with crosses between each letter.  My father joked that people said this meant "keep more boarders." (as in paying tenants)

Christina
(01-04-2010, 09:41 AM)JCCMADD Wrote: When they  deformed the calendar in the  late 60 s early  70 this is one of the many loony changes the church change  along with ordinary time sundays too please the hertics.

ordinary time is new? what was there ordinarily?  ;)