Milwaukee's first Polish archbishop takes over diocese
The best way to describe him is "right of center."  If you caught the installation Mass he replaces the words "banquet of love" for  "Supper" into the Ecce Agnus Dei prayer.  I've never seen an explanation why.  He's never publicly celebrated the TLM but has not persecuted those who do; not that he can do much after the motu proprio.  But he is definitely not a traditionalist.  (I thought he was a good bishop when in my diocese of La Crosse).   
I never really knew him as bishop in La Crosse, but I think I can honestly say that he will not be able to change Milwaukee one bit, save for the priests he ordains.  The old priests there are actively disobedient and united.  If the bishop makes a choice they don't like, they will simply ignore him.

And welcome, lacrossecath.
(01-05-2010, 04:25 PM)Louis_Martin Wrote: I never really knew him as bishop in La Crosse, but I think I can honestly say that he will not be able to change Milwaukee one bit, save for the priests he ordains.  The old priests there are actively disobedient and united.  If the bishop makes a choice they don't like, they will simply ignore him.

And welcome, lacrossecath.

That's pretty much all we can do, at this point.  We need decent, good men in the seminary to start replacing the old liberals.

Once that happens, the ground will be ripe, imho.