Bishop Peric Regrets Schönborn's Visit to Medjagorje
Don't say we didn't tell you.  We're not the only ones who rightfully distrust +Schönborn.

Unfortunately, despite the praise or bedgruding admission that there are good "fruits" with Medjugorje, there is actually a pre-existing shrine to which these mysteries of repentance and "good" fruits are attributable, but that's not discussed here. What is clear is that the Cardinal is not exactly a welcome visitor in town.

http://eponymousflower.blogspot.com/2010...dinal.html
(01-04-2010, 10:34 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote: Don't say we didn't tell you.  We're not the only ones who rightfully distrust +Schönborn.

Unfortunately, despite the praise or bedgruding admission that there are good "fruits" with Medjugorje, there is actually a pre-existing shrine to which these mysteries of repentance and "good" fruits are attributable, but that's not discussed here. What is clear is that the Cardinal is not exactly a welcome visitor in town.

http://eponymousflower.blogspot.com/2010...dinal.html

Schonborn is a disgrace. DId Bishop Peric have to allow him into his diocese. Because if I was the Bishop of the medagoogoo's and Mr. Balloon Mass wanted to came over I'd tell him to just go soak his head in one of his Vienna gay Bathouses.
You should see the headlines at spiritdaily.com today.  He's a Medjugagoogoo nut.  ::)
According to the Church Law the diocesan power is strictly territorial, the Bishop of Vienna never had jurisdiction outside of his territory.

Did Schoenborn ever claimed such authority?
Because Cardinal Schoenborn went their boldly, and not as humble, anonymous pilgrim, those enemies within the Church, now have another stick with which to beat the drum.
tim
(01-05-2010, 11:21 AM)timoose Wrote: Because Cardinal Schoenborn went their boldly, and not as humble, anonymous pilgrim, those enemies within the Church, now have another stick with which to beat the drum.
tim

Why is it not possible that he went as he went and the media which works hard for the disunity of the Church made a big case out of that.

Our life if plagued with the media, and we should always be vigilant and suppose that they deceive us, unless there is strict evidence for the contrary. This was necessary under the Communism, and unfortunately necessary hic et nunc too.
I would think that knowing the problem which swirl around the Medjugore, he would be low key to avoid adding himself to controversy. The media is rotten and will take every chance to dis-credit the Church. Cardinal Schoeborn's pilgrimage only allows the media to use this to further cause problems with half truths and out right lies against the Church. We are currently in a time which appears worse than the time of Athanasius, it is a time when all caution should be exercised. Just think  how Bishop Williamson was used by those in the media with an agenda.
tim
(01-05-2010, 11:55 AM)timoose Wrote: I would think that knowing the problem which swirl around the Medjugore, he would be low key to avoid adding himself to controversy. The media is rotten and will take every chance to dis-credit the Church. Cardinal Schoeborn's pilgrimage only allows the media to use this to further cause problems with half truths and out right lies against the Church. We are currently in a time which appears worse than the time of Athanasius, it is a time when all caution should be exercised. Just think  how Bishop Williamson was used by those in the media with an agenda.
tim

I think Schonborn knew exactly what the media would do with his visit.  From what I've read about the shenanigans this prelate has done over the years, it seems he relishes the spotlight and loves to ruffle feathers.  If that means "tweaking" the nose of another bishop by "visiting" (invading?) a diocese not his own then so be it.  "Tweaking" noses seems to be something Schonborn likes to do, clown and "sacred dance" masses are no exception either.
Mike, you might be right, and what I think, Ill keep to myself, but I can say, I am a full fledged aluminum foil helmet man.. I'm in no position to take the shot as a revert, so criticism from deacons to Popes I demur.
tim
(01-05-2010, 01:08 PM)timoose Wrote: Mike, you might be right, and what I think, Ill keep to myself, but I can say, I am a full fledged aluminum foil helmet man.. I'm in no position to take the shot as a revert, so criticism from deacons to Popes I demur.
tim

Obviously the bishop of the diocese were Schonborn "visited" (invaded) has alot to say in the matter:

http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...cseen.html

4) On December 29th, the Cardinal arrived in Medjugorje. He was followed by the media over the next few days. Reports say that he gave a speech in the church of St. James the Apostle, and noting the mercy of God, said: “Who could make these things up? Who could invent this thing? Man? No, this is not a human act.”  On December 31st a journalist [blogger] wrote: “While some had expected the cardinal’s visit to Medjugorje to be private, he has instead surprised the town by being very visible. He has spent his time concelebrating Mass at St James Church, climbing Apparition Hill with visionary Marija Lunetti, praying in silence at Adoration, and, perhaps most notably, giving his talk today in the parish church with the Franciscan friars at his side”

5)In all this I have to admit that I personally, as diocesan bishop of the Diocese of Mostar-Duvno, remain surprised. I understand that the Cardinal of the Holy Roman Church enjoys the right to profess and preach the Gospel throughout the Catholic Church. But with regard to public appearances outside their own diocese there also exists a certain etiquette in the Church: the bishop or cardinal who intends to come to another diocese publicly, first informs the local bishop, which is encouraged by the Church and by prudence. This understanding in the church and specific caution should be applied especially in this case.

Shoeborn is a publicity seeker and a show off.  I have as much respect for him as he has for the Bishop of Mostar-Duvno.