Battle in Thiberville - Parishioners fight for their traditional Priest.
(01-06-2010, 01:23 AM)BlessedKarl Wrote: How terrible! Let us pray for all those involved, including the bishop. This is a very sad situation. We need prayers for all parties involved in this that their hearts may be open to Christ! Honestly just seeing the fighitng in the Church was revolting. We are supposed to worship God in church. What does fighting before Jesus do?  I only hope that hte trad priest can stay.

No...that is not our job...to waste prayers on this tool.  If he were doing his job....he'd have the prayers of his diocese....
(01-06-2010, 12:52 PM)Scipio_a Wrote:
(01-06-2010, 01:23 AM)BlessedKarl Wrote: How terrible! Let us pray for all those involved, including the bishop. This is a very sad situation. We need prayers for all parties involved in this that their hearts may be open to Christ! Honestly just seeing the fighitng in the Church was revolting. We are supposed to worship God in church. What does fighting before Jesus do?  I only hope that hte trad priest can stay.

No...that is not our job...to waste prayers on this tool.   If he were doing his job....he'd have the prayers of his diocese....

I'd say, pray for the destruction of the enemies of the Church.   You know, the thing that's revolting was the Bishop waving the rainbow flag around on his chasuble.  It was clearly meant to insult the good people of Normandy... He's obviously trying to rub the people's noses in it.

This Bishop should resign.  That is what, after all, happened when Bishop Arius denied the Incarnation, his people said, "we have no Bishop".

Anglo-Catholic perspective here: http://eponymousflower.blogspot.com/2010...vents.html

Trads take over Church: http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...995.0.html
We need to pray that the Pope gets involved on the side of the Trads in this. I am already on day 3 of my Novena for Pope Benedict, that he be resolved to return the Church to its Traditional base. We need many novenas of Rosaries concentrating on the Pope and on the problem in Thiberville, which is the same problem we all face.

You know, the first thing Satan did before getting his claws into the N-O catholics was to eliminate the convents, which provided the prayer-warriors on behalf of the priesthood.  We need to revive that kind of dedicated prayer, the proper use of the Rosary, to strengthen the Pope and with him all the connections of bishops and priests to the Traditional core of the Church.

I am using Novena of nine days because I know my own weakness, to resolve to pray every day "forever" is hard, but to resolve for nine days at a time is easier.  If each one of us inspires nine others to also pray this way, what growth of prayer there would be!
(01-06-2010, 01:27 PM)littlerose Wrote: We need to pray that the Pope gets involved on the side of the Trads in this. I am already on day 3 of my Novena for Pope Benedict, that he be resolved to return the Church to its Traditional base. We need many novenas of Rosaries concentrating on the Pope and on the problem in Thiberville, which is the same problem we all face.

You know, the first thing Satan did before getting his claws into the N-O catholics was to eliminate the convents, which provided the prayer-warriors on behalf of the priesthood.  We need to revive that kind of dedicated prayer, the proper use of the Rosary, to strengthen the Pope and with him all the connections of bishops and priests to the Traditional core of the Church.

I am using Novena of nine days because I know my own weakness, to resolve to pray every day "forever" is hard, but to resolve for nine days at a time is easier.  If each one of us inspires nine others to also pray this way, what growth of prayer there would be!

True reform must come from the Monks, you're absolutely right.
(01-06-2010, 01:31 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote:
(01-06-2010, 01:27 PM)littlerose Wrote: We need to pray that the Pope gets involved on the side of the Trads in this. I am already on day 3 of my Novena for Pope Benedict, that he be resolved to return the Church to its Traditional base. We need many novenas of Rosaries concentrating on the Pope and on the problem in Thiberville, which is the same problem we all face.

True reform must come from the Monks, you're absolutely right.

Certainly. We must all strive to renew our prayers and sacrifices. It's the most difficult part but also the most rewarding one.
He should go trad, walk across to the SSPX, join up with them, and take his parishioners with him.  Someone send him a pamphlet.
(01-06-2010, 09:32 PM)Bellringer Wrote:
(01-06-2010, 09:15 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: He should go trad, walk across to the SSPX, join up with them, and take his parishioners with him.   Someone send him a pamphlet.

*Sends him 'Time Bombs of Vatican Two'*

He probably knows all of that by now. Perhaps this incident will convince him to "jump ship", so to speak.
SIP SIP
Padre one day a sip on me!!!!
SIP
Here is another link, this one to a  Catholic blog:
http://fratres.wordpress.com/2010/01/05/...ishioners/

More links:
http://www.theanglocatholic.com/2010/01/...iberville/

http://lesfemmes-thetruth.blogspot.com/2...on-at.html
(01-06-2010, 12:52 PM)Scipio_a Wrote:

No...that is not our job...to waste prayers on this tool.   If he were doing his job....he'd have the prayers of his diocese....

I agree with you Blessed Karl.  This bishop needs prayers and so does the priest.  It is consoling to know that this bishop is actually receiving prayers at every Mass that the SSPX celebrates in his diocese.