Battle in Thiberville - Parishioners fight for their traditional Priest.
Rainbow vestements, WTF!?  He's obviously asking for a beating. 
This video of the event is exactly what I had in mind when I brouight up the question of a lay inquisition in another post.
Looks like one of the parishiners videotaping the event from above.

Bishop shows up with the homosexual flag embroidered into his religious vestments and the people all walk out. I know they were walking out for other reasons but I think the queer colors had an added effect.  

It also appeared to me that the bishop was deliberately provocative by wearing the colors.  He also appeared to enjoy all the attention and controversy.
The man was spitting in the face of Christ.

How many other bishops are like this? How can we keep track of them and neutralize their power and influence?

I have one thought to share.

I was taking a few university classes online a few years back and I was having a few problems with one of my professor's. I heard about a website called www.ratemyprofessor.com and went to see if the professor's name was listed. Sure enough, there she was with ten pages of comments from people she had screwed over. I knew after reading that exactly what kind of person I was dealing with. I suggest  a rate my bishop website where people can post stuff like the above story so we can find out who our bishops/priests are in a hurry. Then we can produce a black list of bishops and priests to be boycotted.
Bishop Accountability:

http://www.bishop-accountability.org/
(01-06-2010, 11:41 PM)PeterII Wrote: Rainbow vestements, WTF!?  He's obviously asking for a beating. 

[In response to someone who begged him (Saint Pius X) to "go soft" on the Modernists, He retorted]: "Kindness is for fools! They want them to be treated with oil, soap, and caresses but they ought to be beaten with fists! In a duel you don't count or measure the blows, you strike as you can! War is not made with charity, it is a struggle a duel. If Our Lord were not terrible he would not have given an example in this too. See how he treated the Philistines, the sowers of error, the wolves in sheep's clothing, the traitors in the temple. He scourged them with whips!"
(01-06-2010, 11:41 PM)PeterII Wrote: Rainbow vestements, WTF!?  He's obviously asking for a beating. 

Yeah, rainbow vestments are bad enough for the obvious reasons, but in this particular incident? seemed like he was looking to make a controversy
(01-06-2010, 09:15 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: He should go trad, walk across to the SSPX, join up with them, and take his parishioners with him.   Someone send him a pamphlet.

I though precisely the same thing, except don't have him leave his parish. As far as I know, France is unique in that all parishes are in fact owned by the French government and are not considered Diocesan property. The SSPX made full use of this, apparently, in their "seizure" of the Parisian church of St. Nicholas-du-Chardonnet in 1977.

In Corde Regis,
Joshua
(01-07-2010, 12:13 AM)littlerose Wrote: Bishop Accountability:

http://www.bishop-accountability.org/

These freaks have lost their advantages. The word is out and their days are numbered.
Sooner or later a critical mass of people who have figured out the agenda to destroy the church from within will be reached and these reprobates will have to go into hiding.

Just my feeling after watching the videos of that bishop and checking out that bishop accountability website.

(01-05-2010, 09:14 PM)littlerose Wrote: Here is a google translation of an article in "La Vie"  :

http://www.lavie.fr/l-hebdo/une/article/...a8dd6.html

Faced with the disobedience of Father Michael, the diocese has certainly to him the canon law and the support of a majority of the faithful of the Eure, but it is still difficult to say if will win this showdown Thiberville.

Could somebody explain me that according to the French article (the google translation of the last sentence is quoted above) who has the Canon Law on his side: Father Michael or the bishop?

imho Father Michael and his folk shall appeal to the Ecclesia Dei, but unless the SSPX get canonical status (with jurisdictional power to incardinate clerics)  he shall not leave the jurisdiction of the diocese.  This is why it would be essential for the SSPX to ask for the removal of the suspension and get proper jurisdiction, establishing a solid basis inside the Roman Catholic Church for the tradition. THis is possible under Benedict XVI. 

Google translators still get a lot wrong when they translate.

Fr. Michel says in the interview in this video at 1:29 minutes that "under canon law, under the rules of the church he is no longer the priest of the diocese but he remains in The Spirit the priest to these people."

Google has it that he said he is still the priest 'in spirit,' not 'in The Spirit.' When he said he was priest "dans L'Esprit" he was almost surely referring to the Holy Spirit which seems to me that he was saying he was the valid priest though not the legitimate priest.

The concept of valid and ligitimate within the church was explained to me like this, a child born to an unwed mother would be illegitimate (conceived illicitly) but would obviously still be valid or real.
When a bishop is consecrated illicitly it does not mean he cannot give sacraments or that he is not a real bishop but that he was consecrated without approval of the pope.

I think Fr. Michel was saying that he is the valid or real priest of the parish though not the legitimate (legal) priest.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
(01-07-2010, 09:54 AM)artificial person Wrote: Google translators still get a lot wrong when they translate.

Fr. Michel says in the interview in this video at 1:29 minutes that "under canon law, under the rules of the church he is no longer the priest of the diocese but he remains in The Spirit the priest to these people."

Google has it that he said he is still the priest 'in spirit,' not 'in The Spirit.' When he said he was priest "dans L'Esprit" he was almost surely referring to the Holy Spirit which seems to me that he was saying he was the valid priest though not the legitimate priest.

The concept of valid and ligitimate within the church was explained to me like this, a child born to an unwed mother would be illegitimate (conceived illicitly) but would obviously still be valid or real.
When a bishop is consecrated illicitly it does not mean he cannot give sacraments or that he is not a real bishop but that he was consecrated without approval of the pope.

I think Fr. Michel was saying that he is the valid or real priest of the parish though not the legitimate (legal) priest.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes, the capitalization of "LEsprit" indicates the Holy Spirit, otherwise he would have probably said  "dans mon ame" which would mean "In my soul" or "dans omon esprit" and I think it means he can still be sought out for sacraments, he just won't be there for the tregular Sunday Mass. They'll be doing the hotel-church thing, most likely.

You definitely have to  be cautious with the Googler. Lots of French words are very ambiguous when compared with their English equivalents. This translation is for general comprehension only, and should not  be quoted without the original French.