Battle in Thiberville - Parishioners fight for their traditional Priest.
Quote:"Further, the person who does not become irate when he has cause to be, sins. For an unreasonable patience is the hotbed of many vices: it fosters negligence, and stimulates not only the wicked, but above all the good, to do wrong." - St. John Chrysostom

I'm not entirely sure if this has been posted yet, but this video (and the situation it documents) really knocked my socks off. Basically what is happening is that a good and traditional Priest, Fr. Francis Michel, is/was entrusted with a country parish in Thiberville in the morally and spiritually bankrupt Diocese of Evreux and is now being forcibly ousted by a notoriously modernist Bishop, Mons. Christian Nourrichard and replaced by an equally vile and "progressive" Priest. Fr. Michel is considered a veritable Cure of Ars to many of his parishioners, has been about the sole source of orthodox catechesis and proper liturgies (both the TLM and a Latin NO) and fidelity to Rome in the region and they were not about to allow this liberal hat-trick (to the detriment of souls) to go through without a fight.

... and a fight the Bishop most assuredly received.

The video is in French, so I'm wondering if someone may be able to give those of us who do not know French a rough summary of any poignant comments, particularly those of Fr. Michel.

I'm sure a few here will dismiss these actions as scandalous and blatantly disrespectful to the authority and person of Bishop Nourrichard, but quite frankly, a "Gandhi" approach to matters as monumentally vital as these has failed and will continue to fail.  I wholeheartedly support the actions of these courageous parishioners (and the severity of the tactics used) in not allowing this travesty to occur without, at the very least, an unmistakable show of righteous anger over this episcopal bullying.

More information on this crisis:

http://fratres.wordpress.com/2010/01/04/...sanctuary/

In Corde Regis,
Joshua

Messages In This Thread
Battle in Thiberville - Parishioners fight for their traditional Priest. - by Joshua - 01-05-2010, 08:11 PM